Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
damn first warm saturday morning 32 celsius and I managed to brake a rib practicing those 360's. The doctor said no sports for at least 2-3 weeks. And I shouldn't take to many falls for the next 6-8 weeks, how am I supposed to practice tricks ? I even have a pic of the fall that caused my rib to fracture : it doesn't even look that bad. I hate not being allowed to wakesurf, I hope it heals up soon. Which injuries have you suffered from wakesurfing ? this is my first and I hope not to many coming at least not until end of season.Upload
Upload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
ouch!! sorry to hear. for me it has mostly just been bumps and bruises on my shins when trying for airs or shuvs.

did you hit the board pretty good on your rib? seems like the vest would help protect it... ouch! hope you get better soon!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-25-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
Wow Becci, I never imagined a broken rib from trying 360's! I cut my forehead open and got a black eye from the edge of the board hitting me a few years ago. Hope you heal quickly.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
Just bumps and bruises, except when I first started and fell on the rope a few times ( rope burn in the arm pit).
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
I was a little hard on an IS Yellow Loogey fin. Or was it hard on me.

Upload
Upload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2008, 12:04 AM Reply   
i busted the nose off my board with my shin. practicing for the wake outlaws texas contest. got a nice gash.
Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 12:33 AM Reply   
I've heard of a few people breaking there ribs wakeboarding surfing and waterskiing seems to be quite common with watersports. It's 30 celsius nearly everyday over here and so hard not to be allowed to wakesurf, maybe I'll give it a shot next weekend I just can't wait any longer.
Old     (rhawn)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-02-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I landed flat pancaked on my board recently trying a 3 and failing. Nailed my bad knee and Jewels in one shot. "Yeah I'm done"