Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (airzemee)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-05-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
Just got a new truck! my boat is in the shop otherwise id get my whole setup in a pic! the boat isnt the ideal one i want behind that truck, but this winter i should be upgrade to a new a-22 then it'll be a sweet setup!! right now i have a 80 ski nautique with a custom(homemade) tower, perfect pass getting installed at the shop right now, 1200 lbs of ballast.

anyways, about the truck, a 2012 f150, ecoboost of course, leather, heated and a/c seats, fx4, i just rolled 1000 kms on it haha. I am in love with this truck. I had noooooo plans to get a new truck, just went to see how much they would give me for my pos ecobox car (2011 fiesta) that i never ever use anymore, When they offered me a ridiculous amount for trade in, and a even more ridiculous price for the truck, it was to hard to pass up! So my current truck is up for sale, and i am driving everywhere with a big smile on my face haha!
Old     (airzemee)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-05-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
haha i submitted the post before pics were up! sorry!!
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-05-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
U dont have to give me an exact price but what does one of those bad boys cost roughly in those options? I know nothing about Fords or ecoboost. Thanks

Oh an your new truck looks bada**!
Old     (airzemee)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-05-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
this exact truck was list price 56g. I paid substantially less than that... but if the 1st 1000 kms were any indicators, id pay the full 56 for this truck haha! thanks though!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-05-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
WOW, I love the red Accents on the F150! That is one awesome truck!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-05-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
What motot
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-05-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Motor sorry
Old     (airzemee)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-05-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
missed the motor, its a ecoboost
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-06-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Very nice!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-06-2012, 6:36 AM Reply   
Nice. You will love it. I have 26k on my Eco lost and it's been great. Congrats
Old     (neildorin)      Join Date: May 2012       05-06-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Nice. You will love it. I have 26k on my Eco lost and it's been great. Congrats
That makes me miss my old '06 FX4 crew. I sold it to buy an '09 Flex since the boat just stays st the lake and we never tow it anymore. The flex works fine for launching and trailering when needed.

Love me a nice F-150 though. Beautiful striping on the seats.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-06-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
really nice truck man
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-06-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
Love it! Got mine with the 5.0 several weeks ago. I was torn between your color and the black that I went with. Awesome truck so far!
Attached Images

Old     (ctxaggies)      Join Date: May 2010       05-06-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Tim, how does that 5.0 do towing and with unloaded mpg? I've seen plenty of feedback on the ecoboosts but little on the 5.0.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-07-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Marc

Believe it or not I have yet to be able to tow my boat with the new truck. Everytime I have a day off it rains. I have only pulled it out of the
storage shelter to work on it and then backed it back in, towed awesome in that respect! lol
As for the mileage, I just turned over 3k on the odometer and have pretty much driven exclusively in town, stop and go. Getting 16 mpg
avg for that scenario. The few times I have been able to get on the highway (for short distances) and reset the computer it shows
19 - 21 mpg. So to answer your question...no idea really. Seems like I am getting around what the sticker said I would. I will update when I am finally able to tow the boat to the lake. For me it's about an hours drive each way to any of the lakes I choose so once I get a nice day off , I should be able to get some
good numbers. I love the engine so far....has great power and sounds awesome when you get on it ! I thought
about the ecoboost but in the end just felt more comfortable with the 5.0l. I think they are both great engines from what I have seen/read.
I just hope this truck treats me as well as my old Tundra!
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-07-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
Tim, that pic looks mighty familiar - f150 forum?

I love my ecoboost - 28,000 miles and still lovin it. Tows awesome. I towed 3000 miles cross country last summer with our boat for vacation, it was great.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-07-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
You got me Dave...my wife and daughter make fun of me because every time I am on the computer it is a forum of some sort.
What can I say...tons of good info out here! I have fixed so much stuff and saved a ton of money with the stuff I have found on internet
forums, youtube, etc. I will have to go back and look for you on the F150 site...bet you have a pic of that Tige in the towing thread!

Need to update you tow vehicle in your profile here... Glad you are loving your ecoboost.....I ca't wait to tow with my truck to see how it does.
Got to be a little more spirited than my old 12 year old Tundra with 250k !
Old     (airzemee)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-07-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
hah thanks everyone for the comments! i go to get my boat tommorrow, then i get to tow it 2 hrs home on friday and hit the lake! cant wait!! i have to change my trailer plug already i noticed, but im excited to see how much smoother it is with this truck!!i already got coworkers and my parents asking to try it out pulling their campers, i want to try it out too! Still loving the truck! this the first time ive had a truck that makes girls goo goo gah gah lol!!!! definatly a perk! lol. now i need to see about putting a bit of a stereo in it, mainly a smallish sub to help with the low beats!