Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-11-2010, 12:17 AM Reply   
I am not looking to buy, just wondering. Has anyone here bought a boat from Standard Boats?
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-11-2010, 12:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
I am not looking to buy, just wondering. Has anyone here bought a boat from Standard Boats?
I haven't bought one, but I figure if I weren't in school still I'd probably have a diesel model with a sick wrap sitting in my driveway. I have ridden behind them, seen the factory, and talked with the owner and they seem to be a very legit company. Phil, the owner was willing to do ANYTHING to make it "my" boat. They will customize it however you want it. The factory was an impressive set up for a small company, and lastly the boat was great on the water. The wake was steep like a nautique (I assume it is coming from a 2001 model) and really solid. the boat handles like a dream because of the big mercruiser in such a small boat. Anyway, hope this helps
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-11-2010, 1:07 AM Reply   
They have a diesel model?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-11-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
They were working on one like a year ago so it should be done by now! It's a VW Tdi 225. There was talk of a V-drive as well, wonder if that ever came through.
I also drove and rode behind the Standard. I agree on everything that polkaking27 said!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
sweet a diesel!! Is it affordable?
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-15-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I don't know what the price is on the Diesel, but considering the fact that a diesel usually costs about 10k more than a comparable gasoline motor, I would add anywhere from 5-10k onto the retail.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-18-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
I think it's just over 5 grand for the diesel. Don't know for sure though.
Anyone have Phil's cel number? I lost it. If you have it please PM me!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Can someone tell me what in the the point is of spending an extra 5k on a diesel wakeboat? It would take 500-1000 hours probably to recoup the extra cost in fuel savings. I am also not convinced that a wakeboat with a diesel will have any better resale than a gas version. It is also harder to get diesel at lake and river marina's. The only way I would see this make sense is if you plan on using the boat quite a bit and keeping it forever or if it is used for a camp where they are going to put 500+ hours on the boat a season.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
I agree with Brett on the unavailability of diesel fuel at lakes. It seems like a draw back if you cant get gassed up on the water.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
if the boats are built with diesel you will see it at the marinas plain and simple
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
diesel engine would be more ballast (cause engine is heavier).... would pull more weight.... better fuel economy... last a lot longer.... require less maintenance (prolly have to change oil every 100 hrs instead of 50).... newer diesels are quieter and less emissions .... i just wish someone would grow the balls to build them without an extra 30k price tag...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
if the boats are built with diesel you will see it at the marinas plain and simple
I agree but that is so far off in the US the boat would probably be at the end of it's useful life before it happens.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hell we cannot even get a reasonable 1/2 ton diesel in a SUV.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...78314&page=999