Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
i can already go w2w toeside, but when i do it, for some reason i do a 180 every time. when i try to land without a 180 i faceplant. so pretty much i like to land facing the boat only. i also did this on a heelside 180.
Any answers
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-21-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
That's normal while you're getting comfortable with TS. The pull of the line is unwinding you. This is what works for me (I'm regular, reverse for goofy):

1. Cut out 15 ft on your heelside. Pause.
2. As the line starts to tighten let it start pulling you back toward the wake.
3. Place your left hand against your left hip, place your right bicep under your right pectoral with your right forearm across your stomach, both palms facing down and the handle glued to your hip.
4. As the line tigthens, lean increasingly more on your right arm while keeping the handle tight against your left hip. Imagine you're playing tug of war with the boat.
5. You should be leaning against the line hardest as you hit the wake. Make sure to keep the handle glued to your hip all the way up the wake. As you ride up the wake, start stiffening your legs while still leaning on the line.
6. Once you push off the top of the wake and are airborne, you might find it easier to let go with your right hand. However don't let the handle out, keep it to your hip, almost as if you were keeping it in your back pocket.
7. Spot your landing. Knees that were stiff leaving the wake should now be softer so you can absorb the landing. Keep leaning a bit against the boat still to prevent you from slipping out on heels.

This should keep you from untwisting into a 180. Hope it helps!
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-21-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
What he said!!! ^^^^^

Exactly what I was told and it works great!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-21-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Where you look and where you put the handle controls your body position. You're doing a 180 because you're pulling the handle across your body. Keep it at your front hip and look across the wake at the shore you're jumping towards.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Hey Chris... I landed many toe side 180's before moving on to a non-180 ts w2w. Maybe you shoud do the same.

BTW, J-Rod... thanks for woking with me and turning the boat around about 100 times that day!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
thanks