Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    trpngbily7            10-28-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, are there other cable parks on the east coast besides florida...say maybe closer to Pennsylvania? My friends and I want to take a road trip south to ride since it has gotten too cold up here but florida is a little too south!
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-29-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Unfortunately there are only 4 cable parks in all of North America, 2 in Florida OWC, Ski Rixen, one in texas Texas ski ranch, and one just outside of Montreal, CA the Beach Club Cable Park. I know there used to be one in North Carolina, or I'm pretty sure but it has closed down. Also I heard there used to be one in Arizona, but I don't know for sure. If you want to check out all the locations check out these websites:
www.orlandowatersports.com
www.skirixenusa.com
www.texasskiranch.com
www.beachclub.com

*note there is not a whole lot of info on the Beach Club website... if you want any info on the cable up there let me know.

there are also links and pics from all the locations at the cable tour website:
www.cablewakeboardtour.com

I wish there were more out there, hope this helps. Have fun!
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-22-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Chris there is another park to add to that list, not sure if its opened yet but I think its in Kansas... not sure though.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-22-2003, 9:41 PM Reply   
KC Watersports, south of Olathe, KS (SW suburb of Kansas City), opens April 1, 2004
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-22-2003, 9:43 PM Reply   
Nick do they have a website? Do you know if the Cable Tour is going to have a stop there?
Old    aka Bradley Beach            12-23-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
http://www.kcwatersports.com
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-23-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
No idea about the Cable Tour, but Brad does have the site right.
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-24-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
its supposed to be open april 1st.
Old     (mike_olson)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-24-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
Here is the latest info on the Kansas Cable Park - www.kcwatersports.com As far as I know it is correct.

The park is scheduled to open in April of 2004. The exact date has yet to be set but April Fool's day seems fitting.
The lake is gradually filling from some of the much needed moisture. More than likely the lake will need to be topped off with water purchased from the local water district. Unlike last year, the line is in place.
Most, if not all of the info on the website is dated. Once the decision to delay the opening was made, everything was kinda put on hold.

The site still has a "work in progress" look, but things will defintely look better in April than they would have last June.
As I mentioned, the park should open to the public in April, followed by the "Grand Opening" which is currently set for the weekend before Memorial Day. My understanding is that we will host the 2004 Cable Tour National Championship on the firt weekend of August.
Our intent is to have a nice mix of sliders and kickers hopefully stuff that will appeal to riders of all levels. We recently installed support posts for what will be either some kind of unique A frame or a long flat bar. Either way it will be about 80 feet long. We are have also built a nice 40 foot rainbow. Among other things, we plan on having a 40 foot "sliding deck" similar to a fun box.(with out the upper rail.)
For those of you who are familiar with the other US parks, here is a how our facility compares to the rest. We are a 5 tower (similar to TSR and both OWC Cables). The size is larger than the small cable at OWC but not as large as the big cable. Our cable is most similar to TSR, simalar tower height but a little longer. This system was designed primarily for wakeboarding/wakeskating.
We will be updating the website before the January sports show, so please check back. We will have all of the rate information available at that time. We will be sharing a booth at the upcoming sports/boat shows with Sitzmark Sports.

Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-24-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Will you be coming to the one on febuary 18-22 at the kansas coliseum? Also has anyone heard of Wichita Wake shop? its on this web site, its the very bottom vender. Any one have any info on it?

http://www.bigasalloutdoors.com/kss/exhibitors.html
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-24-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
I've never heard of Wichita Wake shop, the only vendor down there I have done business with is Bob and Toby at Marine World.
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-24-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
yeah, thats what i was thinking, marine world is the only mastercraft dealer, we have one other dealer that has a couple of calabria's but thats it for ski or wakeboard boats.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-25-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
So Marine World isn't going to that show???? I had no idea that there was a Malibu dealer in Wichita, maybe it is new. Seems like it would do ok, as Marine World seems to do some business, but they have a pretty good hold on the market, and there is not a huge market in Western Kansas. Not enough lakes.
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Wichita isnt western kansas. Marine World is way over priced on everything anyway.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-30-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, but Wichita serves the Western Kansas/Northern OK market. If you live in Eastern Kansas, you go to KC. And if you are from KC, Wichita is Western Kansas! HA It depends on who you know at Marine Worl on how expensive they are. Usually prices are negotiable. I have had really good luck with them, that is most important to me and they support the INT, KSU Ski Team, etc. so I feel they deserve some business.
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-30-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
they do a lot of business, bob is a great guy, even though they arent on that website im pretty sure they would be there. wichita is not western kansas, or at least compared to way western kansas out by the border of kansas and colorado.