Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-11-2007, 3:15 AM Reply   
Come out this Saturday for the last of the CLWC series. This final hurrah for the season will be being pulled by Epic and MB boats.
The cast and crew of the widly talked about movie "Ride the Wake" will be wrapping up a week of shooting with the CLWC event as a back drop.
Riders include Dallas Friday, Randall Harris, Ricky G,Eddie and Jacob Valdez as well as local pros Jesson Vedel and Gretchen Hammarberg Vedel.
Joining us for our final contest of the year will be Epic, MB Boats,Quiksilver, No Fear, Red Bull,Oakley,Jet Pilot,Rockit Tacos, LakeGirlz and KATY radio will be doing radio spots and a live broadcast from 1-4pm

Also get all the info about our blow out end of the year banquet being held on Nov 3 at the Canyon Lake Country Club. It is sure to be a great time!!
So bring your lawn chairs, your easy ups and get ready to help us usher out the end of the season in style. See you there!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-11-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
315a

we will be there with our neighbors and friends.

where is the afterparty as well?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Is this at the Channel or at Canyon Lake?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-11-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
It's at the Channel

Thank you so much for not making the banquet the week after.... See everyone on Sat.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-11-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
it is at a secret location that will only be revealed on Saturday at the comp. Watch for tonights division riding order to be posted by Damien.
Randy, I look forward to seeing a killer run like you had at the last contest!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
What if 2000 people show up at the comp? It could happen. How many are you anticipating? I got some $ saved up for some raffles
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-12-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
It would be a safe bet that we don't have to worry about 2000 people showing up. I am just looking forward to seeing some awesome riding and toasting to the end of a great season. Be prepared CLWC people, it is going to be a loooong day!!
Dave, are you going to be there?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
yes do stop by our camp we will have plenty of beverages to last the day
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-12-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Is Joe Pearson going to be there?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Just wait Robyn, I've got a special treat for all of you. I could have anywhere from 20-40 of my friends showing up and they have all been warned it is going to be a really long but fun day
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-12-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Make sure you sign up for the horseshoes tournament!! And being that we are a family focused club, our kids club headed by none other than our own Yvonne Hughes, will be in full swing!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-12-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
I'd love to be there to dominate the horseshoe tourney, but I'm married to soccer for the next month or so!
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-12-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
is the lake gonna be open to the public or are they closing it down for the day?

Is it safe to ride out there? I read about the bacteria levels being high because they found fecal matter in the water. Riding in others people poop doesn't sound to healthy.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
You will be able to ride on Lake Elsinore, you will not be able to ride the Lake Elsinore Channel unless you enter the comp.

As far as riding in Lake Elsinore itself "enter at your own risk"
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-12-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hi Jason, I am not sure where you read that but the lakes around here have not been shut down due to bacteria levels in the last two years. What you may be reading about is the amoeba. There was a death of a lady who had been in the lake a couple of weeks prior. They were trying to link her death to the amoeba and the forensics found that her death was due to liver damage. Is there amoebas in Lake Elsinore? It hasn't been found and the temp of the water is too low for it to survive. We will have nose plugs available at the contest for those who feel its needed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
hi robyn! what's the riding order tomorrow?

please tell dallas hi for me!
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       10-12-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Riding Order is...
Divisions Sort Order

1 Masters
2 Mens
3 Womens Masters
4 Beginner
5 JR Novice
6 Novice
7 Expert
8 Womens Open
9 Open
10 Womens
11 JR Mens
12 Veterans
13 Boys / Girls
14 Super Veterans
15 Wakeskate
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-12-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
here's a piece of the artical.

09:55 AM PDT on Thursday, October 4, 2007

By AARON BURGIN
The Press-Enterprise

Lake Elsinore officials are warning residents of the presence of a bacterial contaminant at one of the lake's beaches, as they search for its origin.

High levels of coliform, an indicator of the presence of fecal matter, were discovered at the Elm Grove beach and picnic area during routine Department of Environmental Health water-quality monitoring.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-12-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
thanks Jason, I got a call from a friend after I had posted that. I have been working non stop and didn't catch the paper I guess that day. The channel is an inlet channel where the fresh water comes in. Thanks for the heads up!!
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
watched you two rip it up a lil bit on saturday. Impressive!

how'd you like the epic boat?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-15-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
Dang, the one I don't go to & my division gets glass. That figures. When are you guys going to have final standings on the site?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-16-2007, 4:04 AM Reply   
Hi Jason, I will ask the boys how they liked the epic wake and let you know.
Stephan, you will just have to come to the banquet on Nov 3 to find out the final results. It is going to be a blast!! Canyon Lake Country Club. November 3rd. email me for the details!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-16-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Alex... what's up in New Jersey? Yes I made the last contest... best ride in years for me. Came in with dry hair. Landed my wrapped 3 and landed a back roll nice and tall, took all my other trix as big as I go... very stoked to end the year like that for this 54 year old kid.
Aloha - Joe