Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Hey guys had my wisdom teeth removed last week and was wondering how long you guys waited after yours were pulled to get back out on the water.
Thanks, Chuck
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
next day. got all 4 of mine pulled, but mine came right out, I didn't need surgery or anything. I really wasn't in that much pain.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
I remember going to a party that night and I could have ridden the next day. They didn't seem to bother me as much as most folks and they actually found six of them in there! :-) I only need Tylenol, but I think that tells you that it affects everybody differently.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
next day here.. its been 3 weeks and I can still feel the procedure though, I think it takes about a month - month 1/2 to not feel anything
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-10-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I had two pulled out and two cut out and I rode 2 days later.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-10-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I had impacted wisdom's taken out on a Monday....three days were brutal and hurt like a motha! I only waited until the weekend to ride so I could enjoy the rest of my Percocet's though!

DC
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-10-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
A few days, mine were imbedded in my jaw but not impacted.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I had 4 pulled out at one time. It was in the winter though so I didnt have to worry bout boarding, but it hurt sooo bad for a week!They gave me hydrocodone (however you spell it) but it made my puke. Maybe its cause i tried to go out that night... So I used a lot of childrens tylenol, cause you can take more at one time and worked really well. If you do use it make sure you use the liquid kind so it can get down into the spot where the teeth were pulled.

good luck,

Jamie
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Just go for it! I did and the infection wasn't that bad after a whileUpload
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Alright sweet so I am good to go, I was just worried if I took a hard face plant I would knock a clot out. Looks like you guys survived.
Thanks,
Chuck
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-10-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
i went the same day i got mione out
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-10-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Well Charlie I guess your ready then. I will call you Friday to let you know where Im going to ride.Get ready to knock down those 3's and rolls...
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-10-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
BTW, Did you ask your dentist? The clots can be dislodged causing you to bleed severely. My dentist told me that just drinking water could do this.

FYI
Old     (asilaydying06)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
i got mine out on a monday and boarded on friday with the stitches still in. i even took a couple of falls but they never bothered me. i never had any pain so i probably would have gone out the next day if i could have.
Old     (gehennaengine)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
FoxrepDC. you're a man of my own heart!

Jamie, your body can handle up to 4,000 milligrams of Acetametaphine (Tylenol) per day, children's tylenol or otherwise. It doesn't matter what form you take it.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Just got mine out one wednesday....impacted...I took it pretty well but I think today would be the first day I would feel comfortable enough to ride...my friend had dry sockets and he b******
about it for months. Those suck!
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
i myself had a f***ed up wisdom teeth... they came out great under for only like 45 mins.. but i became a chipmunk i couldn't open my mouth for 2 weeks... had to take work off that whole time... i was so swollen
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-12-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
I guess I'll chime in and give my opinion as a dentist. I tell people to avoid overexerting themselves for 24 hrs because the increase in blood flow can cause you to begin bleeding again, but its just a precaution. The biggest thing to worry about is knocking out the blood clot and increasing your chances of getting a dry socket. Trust me, you don't want one! You also could tear some stitches if they were placed. That being said, I would probably go ride anyway if the pain wasn't too bad. I went and played basketball that night I got mine out so...