Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    rugr            03-27-2005, 4:40 AM Reply   
Just bought a Malibu 23 LSV with the Corvette LS1 engine in it. It is Black, Red and White, need some help with naming it. Here is the color scheme of the boat:

We wanted to tie "Corvette" into the name. I was thinking black on black with a white shadow, just like the Malibu graphics would look best. Which do you prefer? Please Vote.

wet vette
vs.
wette vette

Any other suggestions?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-27-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Vets pet
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-27-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Why are you naming your boat?
Do you have a name for your car?

Do not name your boat. You have a sweet boat and a nice color scheme and it will speak for itself when people see it, you dont need to name it.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
I like the second, better than the first. Are you going to customize the trailor plates to match? Going to name my boat "GREEN WITH ENVY"
my friend Renee did thiers and it looks good if the name fits..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-27-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
yeah, don't name it. that's gay, unless your name is Grant.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-27-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
from what i've seen not too many people name their ski/wake boats
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-27-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
We named our Carver, but thats the only boat we've ever named.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-27-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
Wette Vette isn;t bad, I meanif you really want to name it
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
It is actually an ols sailors tale that it's bad luck to name a boat less than 30 ft.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
BS!!
dont hate cause he has a good idea, he just wanted an opinion of the 2.
everybody doesnt need to be the same so he wants to be different... good for him....
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
He asked for help on naming it, not for you to suggest to name it or not to name it. Im sure when he sees all these comments it will really brighten up his day. Ryan its a sick boat , name it.
Old    lance_ss            03-27-2005, 10:04 PM Reply   
with a boat like that you can do whatever you want with it..badass
Old    twisted            03-28-2005, 6:09 AM Reply   
Hey Thane Dogg...How gay is it? Maybe I ought to remove mine.
Old    rugr            03-28-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
E Double U, actually my car does have a name: Elmer. I feel you take better care of something when you name it. (No, it is not in vinyl lettering on the back of my Tahoe!!)
My last boat had a name, and we had a very sentimental attachment to it. It was "Great Wide Open". You see, it kind of had two meanings, like the boat was the Great Wide Open, or more literally, it was Great, Wide Open. If you catch my drift. It was also my wife's favorite song at the time, and we kind of "broke the boat in" listening to that song, if you know what I mean. . .
My wife and I always said if we got a new boat we would name it "Great Wide Open Too" Again a double meaning (Too vs. Two), etc. But Wet Vette is really catchy to me. We also considered this:

Little Wet Corvette
Kind of goes along with the song "Little Red Corvette", unfortunately there is NOTHING Little about this boat.
Thanks for the input! I love to see guys argue on this board, it is truly amusing.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-28-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
you can always name it BLING,BLING and change your name to Grant.lol
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-29-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
hey ryan, i just ordered my 05 vlx. will be here in 6-8 weeks. one of the names my wife and i are thinking naming our boat is "water treatment". i work in the treatment industry. that is where the name came from. sorry i do not have any names for your boat.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-29-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
kevin - I thought this was a discussion board. no room for my opinion?

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-29-2005, 11:03 PM Reply