Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    buckles            09-08-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
I have narrowed my search for a new board to a HL Premier. I am a 160lb intermediate with sights on doing inverts and 360's soon. After riding a few boards (see notes below), I determined that I have the most fun and am most consistent on the Premier. I have only ridden the 141 BIO core with the jib (rubber type base). Questions:
- Should I go with a 136 or 141?
- How different will the standard base ride compared to the jib? Will this effect length choice? I don't believe the bio boards will have the jib base available for '05.

Thanks for the input.

Thoughts on other boards:
'02 HL Belmont 140 - first board, easy to ride but has minimal pop and feels big compared to new boards.
'04 HO Revelation 135 - good pop, tracks well and flickable
'05 HL ERA 137 - did not like this board, feels slow and does not like to release
'04 Byerly 137 - second best choice, good pop, tracks and lands well
'04 Premier 141 - my favorite, good pop, loose feel and was able to land all my tricks first try
Old    walt            09-08-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
I rode the 04 premier and thought it was slower than My 02 premier..It had a big bulky feel to it too. The only thing about it that I liked was the soft landings.
If You ever get a chance to Demo the blindside blade do it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
Steve,

The only boards you have ridden are ALL Hypertank boards???

You're missing out buddy. Try some Liquid Force and CWB boards. Go ride an Absolute and I'd bet you forget all about those boards.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-09-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
ditto
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have talked yourself into the Premier. I just sold my 04 Byerly 137 this last Sun. I am ordering a 05 Premier 136 today (they arrive at boardstop today). As far as size goes, how tall are you? At 160# you should be on the 136, but if you are at or over 5'10" tall, and still going to put on some weight, (I don't know your age) I'd go for the 141.
Dk
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
J-rod ~ I second that. I rode a Parks for a few years and now I have an Absolute. LOVE IT. It is a great board. Loose, cut nice, great pop, easy landings, just a fun board to ride.

Walt ~ I should be up there in a few weeks. Think I can try the Blindside you, Shawn and Joe keep on talking about?
Old    walt            09-09-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
AntBug, No problem.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Steve....These guys all have good points, but I really like the Premier, too. I'm 6'0 and 150lbs and I ride the 141. I like the feel of the bigger boards on landings. I'd probably go with the 141. There isn't any option for the jib base anymore. They only made those in early '04 (my board has it). In my opinion the new base is better and lighter. It makes the board ride faster. Now if only I can break my board and get one of the 05's.

Good luck with your choice.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Evan. I was just thinking I would like to snap my 04 Absolute so I can get an 05!

See you at Orwood at 5pm!

Old    buckles            09-10-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys!

Steve
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-10-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
if hyperlites are so bad then why do just about 80% of the pros ride them.. and why are they the most sold wakeboard in the world... hmmmmm.
Old    walt            09-11-2004, 5:17 AM Reply   
Bryan, My guess would be that Hyperlite has more $$ to spend to compensate the pros and they have great marketing too. Hyperlite comes to My home lake every year with two new MC boats and a big name pro and a truck load of gear to demo..... I have never seen another board company do that around here so that tells Me they have a lot more money to throw around on advertising ect.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
walts got it its just they have more money to get there name out if people hear the name enoughf they start to think it must be good becuase everyone is talking about. Same thing with snow boards burton is not the best but people think so becuase the andvertise the most
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-13-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
YUP...I agree they've got the cash, but that doesn't mean they aren't good boards, too. HL boards are, IMO, the toughest boards out there. Not so sure about their bindings, though.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
THEY ARE GOOD BOARDS BUT THE MORE THERE PRODUCING OVER SEAS THE WORSE THE QUALITY, THE CWB PLATNIUM CONSTRUCTION HAS A WAY BETTER TRACK RECORD AS FAR AS DURABILLITY