Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-08-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
so just ordered a 7d. Im going to be using it mainly for its video capabilities so I really need to find some sort of shoulder stabilizer for it, ive been doing a lot of research and they are very expensive. the only one i have found that is decently priced for what you get is http://www.indifocus.com/products_indirailsprodslr.htm any ideas? plans for DIY stabilizers? anything would help
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-08-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
The indifocus stuff is usually the cheapest and does work pretty well. There's also the spider brace and bushhawk that you might want to look at.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I haven't shot any video with it but the Bushhawk is money for me when tracking moving objects with my 40D and 400mm glass.
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-10-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
thanks for some of the feedback guys! been reading up on the indifocus products and have been seeing a lot of mixed reviews. anyone seen or handled one is person? their website is really lacking information on their products, very vague and unclear on specifics. kind of unsure about spending the money on them
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
$369 for a rail/shoulder system seems reasonable to me and indie has a good reputation for entry level gear. Not sure what you expect it to do, but I think for the price it will work just fine.

Another alternative is CAVISION's system which is also reasonably priced: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=cavision+shoulder&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

If you want to step it up and be the envy of all those film school students then drop the coin for a zacuto system.

DIY - (also check dvxuser.com as I recall seeing some homemade mounts in their DIY section)
fficial&client=firefox-a" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/search?q=diy+shoulder+mount&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

And finally one last idea...
Upload
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-10-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
I have quite the mutt of a DSLR rig. I use the Indi DSLR handles and shoulder support with my Letus rails, Redrock Follow Focus, Zacuto Z-Finder, and Indi Matte Box.

Overall I am very happy with the handles and shoulder support for the money- compared to other options (Zacuto, RedRock, etc.) Their matte box is pretty janky IMO, but again- you get what you pay for.

Upload
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Dude, what kind of blender is that in the background?!?!?!
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-12-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
nice! thanks for the feedback guys. should be gettin my 7d in the mail today so most likely ordering the indi set up.