Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-09-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
My Buddy and I are starting a youth ministry to help kids discover Christ through watersports. If you would like to help or just check us out go to
www.wakeupoutreach.com
We want youth to experience Christ through watersports

God Bless
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-10-2006, 4:23 AM Reply   

There nothing bigger then the heart of a volunteer.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-10-2006, 4:34 AM Reply   
Check out this web site and see what it takes to be added to the list. I contribute through this organization, because they have been established/identified as legitimate fund raising organizations. I give what I can! If you get added let me know and I will forward a reminder to my wakeboarding brothers in arms.
http://www.opm.gov/cfc/
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
That is a great verse for our sport, if memory serves, Malibu used to have a shirt with that verse on it, I know that the founder is a Christian.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-10-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Props to you guys...
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
I saw Christ at the boat show. He was putting a fat down payment on a nautique!

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-10-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
Water sports are a great avenue to reach kids who don't typically get thrilled about religious activities. I've helped out with a group called In His Wakes, started by Kristi Overton ...check it out at http://www.inhiswakes.com
They have a quick devotional at the outset of their events, talking about their spiritual walk and relating it to running the slalom course...its so visual and after a day of riding, the memories the kids make are forever linked with the devotional..pretty effective. :-)

(Message edited by helix_rider on February 10, 2006)
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-10-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Good job fellas, keep it up
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-10-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Thats awesome guys!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-10-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
So where are you guys from?

How many events do ya'll do a year?

Where at?

How long have ya'll been doing this?

Do you like playing 20 questions?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Mike Schwenne would be a great guy to contact as he is very involved in youth and church. Check him out on his website www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Cool, love to see that. Great job. God Bless
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
I'll represent you in Idaho
Old    jlm            02-10-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Excellent...let me know what can be done in the Tennessee area.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Gerry Nunn may also be a good pro to contact if you can get in touch with him. I know that In His Wakes did a rally at the last Masters that I went to, but we didn't get to stay.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-10-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hey Thanks for the support Guys, we are located in California and plan to do about 11 events this summer from June through September, throughout Ca, so there will be a events part coming soon as we can get some more schedualed, if any one would like to help we sell t shirts that all of the profit goes back to the kids they are 15 dollars and email me if your instersted. Thanks for the support its encouraging.
God Bless

Shirt
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-10-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
OAK wakeskates is also a Chrsitian based company.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-10-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I think its sweet what you guys are doing. I would definately like a t-shirt
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
That is awesome. Definately contact Schwenne, he will be all about it. Let me know if you guys are doing anything in the Central CA area, my girlfriend and I would love to check it out. If you are thinking of heading South contact Robyn Valdez, she is the mother of the (in)famous Valdez brothers and a good Christian woman who runs the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club & their series of events. Plus she is also cool as heck.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Awesome outreach!! Keep it up. I will definately be interested in your events in CA. I have met so many other Christians in wakeboarding and there are several of us in the Canyon Lake Club. Please keep us posted on your events. My 10 year old led a little kid to the Lord on the sand at a tournament. So we KNOW that God uses kids!!
Old     (jbenbri)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
If there is any events like this near Atlanta, Ga, I would like to hear about them.
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yes !!! Same here , im in Georgia , and would LOVE to help out .
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
this is awesome. i'd be glad to show some love with a t-shirt down here in fl. how do i go about buying one?
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-13-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Hi guys,
if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
mike schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
I think what yall are doing it awesome
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Check out the Southtown Riders website. They are located in the Carolinas. My daughter bought a devotional book called Fire in the Core that is based on the lives of the riders. It was an interesting read!

www.southtownriders.com

Good luck!!!
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
This sounds like an aweseome out reach!!! I love the verse too, its on the back of my boat!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
Right on Patrick...I love it. I like your personal quote too.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-14-2006, 12:13 AM Reply   
right on, to get kids to start thinking at a young age about what is really important in life is awesome. im glad to see the suport.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2006, 5:25 AM Reply   
I'm sean steele and im 17. ive been a beliver since i was 4 and a rider since i was 12. If theres anything i can do down here in texas let me know and i would love to have a t-shirt
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-15-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
It is so good to see you guys stepping out in this ministry. Would love to help you in anyway we can. God is so good isn't He??
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
I'm in Arkansas...Anything you need help with through out the year..
dyrhome@cox.net
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-15-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Good job guys. Keep it up.
Robyn- Southtown is doing a natioanl bus tour and will be in CA in July. I want to introduce them to you and see if we can work with you then. Supra, Hyperlite and the book publisher are sponsoring it. Thought maybe Canyon Lake would be good. By the way- where do you guys live? I am staying in La Mirada opening an office and I see Valdez Trucking. Any connection?

Sorry for the highjack but this post got me excited. This is why we wakeboard. "Purpose Driven Riding".
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-15-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
Highjackers need Grace too!!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-16-2006, 5:56 AM Reply   
David, check your email!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-16-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
Very cool what you and others are doing for a purpose.
Email sent.
Regards,
Chris
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
I emailed you for a t-shirt. This is a great thing you guys are doing. I surfed in CSA contest's as a kid in socal, awsome deal to get us groms together back then. Good luck!!
Old    tensionwake            02-16-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Someone call Erik "Gator" Lutgert, Looks like his company is turning into a Christian Wakeboard Company.

Maybe he should pray that he stays in business!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-16-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Cool. It is good to see. I know there is a Christian wakeboard camp in SO CAL also but forrget the name. In His Wakes does some good stuff with Nunn and Copeland and Murray. Southtown Riders in SC is a huge action sports ministry and Austin Hair works with them. They have a book out too.

Check out Steelroots. It is an action sport Christian TV show. http://www.steelroots.com/
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-12-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
i am in arkansas anything i can do to help just email me! wakekid@suddenlink.net
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-13-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
This is amazing to see in this sport!! keep it up!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-13-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Great way to reach kids. We had fantastic testimony in church today. On the campus of the University of Oregon there is a outreach ministry and they came to our church today to speak. One of the girls who was a volenteer there invited an exchange student from Japan. The girl was sitting there listening to the sermon and suddenly turned to her friend who had invited her and said I need to talk to you right now. They both went outside and she said I want ot become a Christian right now right this moment. Her friend said they are havin an alter call at the end of the sermon, the girl said no it cant wait ..so they prayed together right there. The next day the girl got very sick and went home to Japan and three weeks later died of a rare infection. The holy spirit was promting her to come to him. Any outreach you can do for Jesus is a worthy cause. This girl was snached from the bowels of hell only weeks before her untimely death because someone lved her enough to bring her to chruch that night.

Rock on guys.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       04-13-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Are you guys working with Munners @ wakeup international? Its a Christian wakeboarders website.

http://www.wakeupint.com/

(Message edited by razorjaw on April 13, 2008)
Old     (munners)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
yeah whoa this is an old thread! If you are a christian wakeboarder (or even not) and want to meet others or just hang out and go for a ride hit up www.wakeupint.com
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Kinda off topic: Whats that verse that goes something like "I walk The Valley Of Death With No Fear..." ...
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-13-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Trevor..
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-13-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
I like this version better, it's been my favorite quote for the past few months.

Even though I slide behind a winch through the shadows of death I will fear no rail for you are with me, your helmet and vest they comfort me.

or

Even though I ride behind a boat through the shadows of death I will fear no wake for you are with me, your helmet and vest they comfort me.
Old    sealyon.net            04-13-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
WAY TO GO! I think that is awesome. I saw Isaiah 43:2 on a coffee Cup about 13 yrs ago and have used it with our business ever since.
That is what so many young ( and old) people need.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Adrian Rogers
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I belong to a group called Wake Up International. The group is based out of Australia. The website is wakeupint.com I think this is great that you started a new group. Can never have enough opportunity to spread the great words of Christ. Let me know what I can do in the midwest to help you guys. Here's my phrase that I board by....." Don't think of it as a wipeout, but a baptism by force" Keep spreadin the word <><
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
This is a great thing guys! I'm also in Arkansas, let me know if I can do anything to help!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Paul....just goes to show you that God is ageless!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
007..we never know when a person's final minute is here but God does. When He places us in those situations, we need to say "here I am."
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-13-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
Wow this is an old thread, it had my old name on it. I appricate the emails, I really do and the prayers, but a lot has happened in the last two years....

We started off good selling T-shirts and we took a group of kids out on the water (the pics are up on the website)then time passed, honestly at the time I was graduating from college and my partner had just changed jobs so we didnt spend as much time on the minstry as we should have, and honestly we didnt pray enough about it or were in the right place with at least my walk with the Lord.

So I graduated college and wanted so badly to get out of Stockton, but the Lord had a different idea for my life, I got a great job offer with a geological firm and stayed here. So I started growing in faith and helping out with a youth ministry. Last summer we took out the youth ministry that I work with, along with www.inhiswakes.com (great group). and had a blast it was sooo rewarding. During the fall I was offered the position of Youth Director for the church that I had been helping out with. God wanted me in Stockton for a reason it turned out. So now I work full time with high school students trying to help them take their next step in knowing Jesus and making him known. The wakeboarding ministry is on hold indefinately, unless God puts it on my heart once again. I take kids out all the time, you know 5 or 6 at a time. If any of you would like to help out that would be the best way. I also encourage you to check out www.inhiswake.com or www.southtownriders.com or www.radicalriders.com all three great organizations. The only reason our website is still up is because I dont know how to take it down or the company that put it up. Any help here would be great, I think it was godaddy.com??

Anyways I appricate all of the comments, I really didnt even know the thread was back up until I got like 5 emails, so thats why the last response.

I would like to encourage you all to use your love of water sports to glorify the Father. It says in the book of Revelations that there is glass infront of the Throne, I would like to imagine thats how I use the word glass, flat water.

But seriously, this is a great area of ministry, and I would like to encourage you all who have a heart to start in your local congergation. If you dont know how, I can help with ideas or whatnot. But talk to the youth pastor ask him if you could take some youth out on your boat. I could even help plan a day at the lake and if your close will meet you out there. We have had great success when we take a lot and have some on the shores. That way you become more connected with your chruch and its members.

007 Great story it kills me whenever I hear of people denying the Gospel and them dying. It just grows our call that Jesus gave us to ..."make disciples of all nations..." or to "go and do likewise" I try every day. I pray for you as I hope you pray for me.

www.wakeupint.com is a great group they have helped me out and sent me free stickers, the bummer the are located in aussie land and its a little money to get there, but you guys are doing awesome work.

I do finally want to encourage you all, when you feel God calling you to do something, like I did, to heed the call and step out in faith, get out of the boat. I didnt I tried to one leg in one leg out type of thing and it failed. God is faithful you will be able to walk on water you just first have to get out of the boat.
Old     (sidewalksk8r)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-13-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
I'm most definitely interested in a shirt. That is awesome!
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-13-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
by the way the t shirts are sold out we spend the money taking kids out on the boat. I dont know I guess I could get more, but it would seem a little misleading since we aren't really active anymore, but thanks guys it was my partners and I log

ps if any of you know of or can fix a motorcycle chekc my post out on the non wakeboarding board

(Message edited by jcstudebaker on April 13, 2008)
Old     (munners)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2008, 12:41 AM Reply   
Hey guys just thought Id clear up that WakeUp Int went international a good few months back. We now have (and are still starting) chapters in the US - We saw a need as there are so many christian wakeboarders everywhere! WakeUp Int is a way of bringing them together, and through that reaching out to others... I myself live in Aus but we have chapters in Florida, Michigan and Alabama - if you think you might be interested in getting a crew happening in your area hit me up at paul (at) wakeupint.com.

In Him,

Paul
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
For any Minnesota folks, I volunteer for Walk On Water ministry. It's an awesome organization. Check it out at walkonh2o.org
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-15-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
that's awesome man!!!!!! Sent you an email about the shirt.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
just thought of a great song that you could play while out on the boat buy a christian punk band, Dog Wood.

look up "All Hands on Deck"- by DOGWOOD
check the lyrics here

Sailing these seas alone.
I've realized I could never make it on my own, conclusion from experience.
This ark of mine has sprung a leak, to think I built my body weak.
I need your help to make me right...

I'm the captain of this paper boat, that cannot stay afloat without your love...
You're love perfect.
I'll recollect and then reflect, the blessings you have given to me.
Friend we must try to, stand tall, stand proud, let the Lord declare out loud,
the things He's done inside our lives.
The tide now rise, washing away this boat of mine that was pushed by my pride.
I raise my flag of repentance. I surrender all to you. I can't weather these storms alone...
I'm the captain of this paper boat that cannot stay afloat without your love...

Lord you're the Captain that I with that I could be and I will sail with you,
forever more from this forward.

(Message edited by wakerider111 on April 18, 2008)
Old     (munners)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2008, 11:25 PM Reply   
Thought you Americans might be interested in our WakeUp & Ride Weekend to be held at KC Watersports in Kansas City on the 24th-25th May. Theres more info just up at www.wakeupint.com

...join the forums too
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-23-2008, 12:48 AM Reply   
JC, where in California are you guys going to be doing events? I would like to check it out. It is really cool to see things like this. Mike Schwenne is a great guy to talk to as he is very involved and a great guy! It's cool to hear about about pro's being believers. I actually go to Bible study with Steve Caballero (Pro Skater). There are a lot of Christian Pro's in all the sports Surf, Wake, and Skate.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-23-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Hey Paul, Im going to tryo make it to that event...

I run the cable park in Oklahoma, but I also work at Community Church here in the local town of Guthrie as a leader in the youth group.

We try to work with all the churches from the region in scheduling them certains days when they can bring their youth groups out and they can learn hom to ride, play volleyball, cook out and use our stage for their praise and worship.

Its amazing to see how God has used us to touch his community and I would like to ask that you guys put me in your prayers as Im about to go to Japan for a little over a week to visit my girlfriends family. While Im there Im going to go ride with previous wakeboard X-gamer Zucky. Im just asking God to open doors for me to minister in any way I can and if nothing else just to be a voice in the wilderness while Im there...

Daniel Trotter
(405) 282-WAKE
www.OkcBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
i am from the bay area and live over in disco bay right now. The church i go to is over in pittsburg. I have been seriously looking at a way to be more active in helping bless kids. I have thought that this may be a good way to help some kids learn a sport and to keep them involved in positive things. I am really interested in a way to be able to start or contirbute to an existing program or ministry. Does anyone know of such opportunities in my area?
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Soli,

Start a WakeUp chapter in your area! I currently run the North Florida Chapter. With the help of the LA (lower Alabama) chapter we have already taught over 30 people to wakeboard this year, some of those had never been on a boat. Go to http://www.wakeupint.com
and check out the chapter information. Each chapter does something a little different but we all use wakeboarding to add to the Kingdom! If you wanna know more info on what our chapter has done and is planning pm me. We would be stoked if you could get WakeUp going in CA!

The sport is a great platform to be a witness!

Danny,

I hope you can make it! I am trying to fly from FL on Sat up to KC but my plans just had a kink thrown in them. I hope to still be able to make it but we will have to see.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
thanks reese I'll check it out and hit you up with some questions when i am done thanks
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
I'm devoting most of my summer to working as a wakeboard instructor at Camp Ozark christian camp this summer in Arkansas.

If y'all could send some prayers this way in my perservearence, patience, and most of all my walk with the Lord, that would be great.

Pray that the God will use me to affect the kids at the camp in a positive way!

God Bless