Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-20-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Had a Blast.. the water where we were never had a ripple in it the whole weekend. Got to do alot of riding, and the partying over at the lake was pretty on! Was killer to check out the wakeboarding, wakesurfing, extreme skydiving, jets flying 30 feet over the lake, freestyle MX.

I had a great time! Cant wait to go back next year!
Old    flyhigh916            08-20-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
I just got back.. what can I say, other than it was insane. Pretty much a big blur to me.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
big blur would be a good way to describe it
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-21-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Issac, I've never riden at Clear Lake, and haven't heard good things about the conditions there ever. What's the story? I would have guessed the Lake would be packed last weekend.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I was there since Friday and got back yesterday and couldn't find any good or decent water....wheres the hidden gem at Clear lake?????
Old    lost_37            08-21-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Im a local and me and my friends probably wakeboard on clearlake around 4-5 days a week and it is very rare that we dont find nice water, most of the time we stay near the Nice(the town)shorline and way away from Konocti and the narrows.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-21-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Jackson, I'm betting those four to five days are usually weekdays? But maybe we'll come check it out. What's a good place to launch to ride that area? We'd be coming from Santa Rosa.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
We were in Lakeport and had nothing but Glass the whole time we were there.. It was awesome! Im thinking because of the event and how everyone was in Konocti, we had that whole upper lake to ourselves

Heres some pics from this weekend to show the water

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old    flyhigh916            08-21-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
We stayed at funtimes. The place holds true to the name. I didnt have a wakeboat, but there was definately top quality wakeboarding water out there. About there being a ton of alge in the lake, it isnt any worse than say the delta or anderson. My favortie part of the trip was floating down the entire line of boats and people pouring alcohol into my mouth lol. Met some really interesting people, and everyone there was SUPER nice!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Steve, your right, everyone scared me with the whole hydrilla and alge thing, but the water wasnt bad at all
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Steve wutup!!! Swimming the line with champagne was so fun, although incredibly tiring haha.
Old    flyhigh916            08-21-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Yeah, I cant believe that chick in the nautique at the end actually got ahold of me today haha! Can you say wasted?
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-21-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
It was good to meet you Kevin! Not sure where you disappeared to yesterday morning, we were gonna feed you breakfast!

The water at Funtime was absolutely disgusting. I didn't get in at all. Dead fish, dead ducks... gross. It wasn't so bad at Konocti. I actually got in the water there. The boat had "ring around the collar" when we pulled it out. Ick.

Other than that, Saturday on the line was pretty fun. Did anyone actually PAY the $20??? No one ever came and asked us for it and we certainly didn't volunteer it!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
oh yes i can... WASTED!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Yes! Was very nice meeting all you DRA folks, you guys and gals are awesome and way generous. As for yesterday morning, maybe we had already taken off in the boat again for a lil more water time. I agree the water was nasty at our end of the lake, but I think it was partly due to the wind blowing towards us, so anything in the lake would make its way to our end.

As for $20 at the line, it didn't seem like they were collecting on Sat. They were pretty vigilant on Fri and Sun however :-(
Old    flyhigh916            08-21-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
I never paid 20 either. Kev- were you there when steve and nick put lipstick all over me when i passed out, and I came up swinging?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
HAHAHA oh not only do I remember, but here is evidence!! It didn't stick very well just kept breaking... lol. At least that's probably a good sign they don't know how to put on lipstick

Upload
Upload
Old    flyhigh916            08-21-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
oh yes, now I remember. Feel free to remove the pictures lol

(Message edited by flyhigh916 on August 21, 2006)
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Another Killer weekend, My 9th year attending boardstock and it was soooo f...ing fun. 1st year competing did ok made it to round 2 had a good time riding with friends as well as some really good riders Lavelle, Harris, Adkinson, Eisenhower, Watkins, sharpe, malinowski, gonzalas, Tholander, Fields, Propst, Cook, Wolf, Sammons etc. Adkinson won rusty 2nd watkins 3rd I think. If any of you haven't been your missing out, plan for next year.
"GOOD TIMES"
Old    lost_37            08-23-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
Hey Les I would say launch any where in Lakeport and just ride North, I was out today and we rode for about 5 hours and it was glass the whole time and no boats in sight