Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-13-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
Hitting this stop for the 1st time this year. Any advice on other things to do say in louisville or recommended places to eat?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
Louisville is really a fun town there is a lot to do. For bars or clubs I would say you should hit 4th street live, which is a huge complex of like 10 bars with live music and stuff downtown. If more low-key places are your taste then I would try any of the bars on bardstown road which are all mainly fun irish bars. For food anywhere on bardstown road you can find a variety of great places to eat and have a beer. Alot of the resteraunts are open air or sidewalk seating which is fun as there are usually attractive women all over that place, Impellizeri's is a great pizza and beer place. As far as hotels all i know of is the Galt house as I live in louisville and dont really rent rooms. The galt house is the best place in town but pricey. Its hard to narrow it down though as its really a huge city. Mainly just stay away from the west end unless you are looking for crack and want to be robbed at gun-point and there isnt much to do on the south side/ dixie hiway which is close to elizabethown. There really isnt alot in etown though as I used to live in that area when I was in the army at ft knox.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2010, 5:32 AM Reply   
I thought the whole point of the new contests was to spend the evening rocking out watching and hanging at the Pro Tour... That's what I'll be doing in E-town
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-14-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Mason, we'll have all our kids with us so usually all day and night on Saturday at the tour stop is all they're good for. Friday night maybe we'll hit Louisville for pizza and a movie or something.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-14-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
There's a White Castle right up the street from the host hotel.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
So the awards and afterwards are off site at a place called Fergie's. What else is going on? Anything?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Following http://twitter.com/thewwa for todays results.

Shaping up to be some nice heats tomorrow, starting at noon the way the schedule looks!