Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
So, I've got a slider ready and set up to hit within the next few days, but I don't want to chew up my new Watson. I was going to hit it with my old substance, but the thing is impossible to break loose, and every time I try to slide it on the surface, I wind up recovering from nearly catching an edge since I have to flatten out so much.

So my question is, what board (very cheap, I'm out of money) would be a good slider board that is on par with the Watson in looseness? I'm not worried about the rocker or anything, I just need a board that rides similar when in the water that will get torn up.

Or, where can I find an Obrien R5 on the internet. I thought I read somewhere on here that they were only 250 new, but I may be mistaken. And doesn't the R5 have a slider warranty?

What about the Ronix Covenant? I could get an 07 one for 160 from boardersmall, but don't know about it..

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on June 21, 2008)
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-21-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
COVENANT will do the jo just right. dude, you will have a blast on that board.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
Old LF Trips are loose and cheap... I would imagine they would make a good budget slider board.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
So, should I drop the 190 (shipping) on the Covenant for this thing? I wish I knew how long it would take for it to ship. I'm freaking out because I'm not sure if the game warden's going to come back and cut the slider down sometime this week. I've just gotten it up, and the 4x4 supports have been up for nearly three weeks, and it hasn't been a problem, so I don't know.

I'm hoping to get down to the OWC, so would that make it worth it? How torn up would my board get if I were to hit the slider with it tomorrow just a few times (I'm thinking the sticky substance), because my dad wants to use it for wakeboarding once we get the tower on our big boat.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Hmmm, I just did an ebay hunt, and I may be able to get another Watson for under 200... If I can pull that off, I'll probably take the deal, and use the new one as my wake board, since my current one has been torn up some by hitting crap in the water or something... Go figure.
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
i was able to get my roam an 05 for about $100 of ebay new.. may wanna check that out.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm watching this watson closely. It's over in a few hours, and it's still below 150, but that's likely to change very soon. Yeah...
Old    K.B.C.            06-22-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
get a roam. we picked up an 07 for $100 at our local shop.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
grizzly-sports has an older roam with bindings for $199
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
I've been riding the Motive 134 for years because it's great on the sliders at OWC, loose when you want it to be, and grips when you edge. I ride with the center fins removed. Just picked up another clean one on eBay for about $85 shipped.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
Motive and Trip are great.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
K, I'll check em out. I'm going to try my substance on it today, but like I said, it rides like a tank compared to my Watson, so things may not turn out well for me... thanks for the tips.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
slingshot on BBB today with a few hours/boards remaining.

maybe not the absolute cheapest compared to what has been mentioned till now, but deffinately a fun board and great for all conditions and terrain so to speak
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-23-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
hey man i got a roam and a covenant both used but i will unload um for cheap.. if you have problems getting POP on the slider boards stick with a wakeboard..

Dirty Delta Pirate

wkboardin2000@yahoo.com