Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2009, 1:57 AM Reply   
I'm getting ready to take my boat out for the first time this summer, and had a couple questions I'm hoping to get some help with first:

1. My cover needs a little rehab. I have 1 spot where I think I need to replace the velcro, a small hole that needs to be patched, and it's super dirty (not sure what kind of cover, but I have an '05 Wakesetter) What's the best way to address those problems?

2. My batteries seem a pretty low so I'd like to charge them before I head out. A friend of mine told me to get a charger (I think he called it a trickle charger). Is this wise? And if so, what's the best way to go about this?

3. I really, really need to wax my boat. What's some advice you can give in waxing (i.e. a good brand to buy, when to do, any other useful info)
Old     (dpolen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-14-2009, 4:59 AM Reply   
1. I'd find a local upholstery shop to fix the velco and holes in your cover...mild detergent, scrub brush, and a hose should help clean up your cover.
2. I'd pony up and buy a charger (not a trickle charger), kind of a must have when owning a boat. You can pick one up at WalMart or an auto parts store...guessing about $50.
3. I'm lazy when it comes to waxing, that's why I send my boat to the car wash to get fully detailed a couple times a year. They do a much better job than me and I avoid using four letter words around my kids.

Hope this helps
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
It doesn't sound like you are a maintenance minded guy. Have it gone through by a good boat repair shop, buy a new cover and have it detailed. have you done anything yet [impeller] the grace period is over you need to start doing things or it will leave you stranded.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-14-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
x2 on the maintenance. A trickle charger is perfect as you should pull your battery (2) and place them on the charger(s) during the off season. A quick charger does nothing but quick charge them after you've already neglected them. Your battery will last longer and be more reliable.}