Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-21-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
I just broke my vibe and need a new board for the cable. I know the Mana has molded in fins so I was wondering if it would get beat up on sliders fast. If anyone has ridin behind cable or on rails help me out.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-21-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
hey andrew, how did you break your vibe? is it the version 2? i thought those things are tough.
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-22-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
I got my board straight from the factory so it should be the version 2, it must have been a defect. I broke on a landing of a kicker(the wave at rixen), I'm pretty upset to that board was sick.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-21-2010, 9:34 PM Reply   
if u got the non sintered base mana then yes the molded fins will get wrecked pretty soon.

For a pure cable board any of the grind based LF boards will do the trick, likewise for the sintered base Ronix boards. The new byerly boards are designed to hit rails so u could give those a go also.

I just got the watson hybrid and love it, if u want stay with the flex flavor I highly recomend it
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
If you liked the Vibe and want Ronix. Look at the Bill, might be more your cup of tea. More durable for the rail stuff too.
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-22-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
I've had ronix before and want it again just because I know how good the quality is. my buddy actually has the bill and its okay. The mana is also a little cheaper then the rest of pro model boards so that's why I asked.
Old    hunter            04-23-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
2010 Mana's the best board on cable! The fins are about even with the big 3 stage flat spot and makes it a big flat board thats easy to press. Slides a bit slow which takes a second to get used to and doesnt last as long as some boards but its awesome. The entire rail is turned up so the edges never get splintery and it makes it fun to just ride around.