Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-29-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Riding on Saturday morning and nothing is going well. 3 kids in the boat beating the crap out of each other. Boat driver distracted and me chasing the wake all over the place. After about my 4th crash I am sitting in the water thinking I should just stop and call it a day. But then I start thinking about all the boats that are going to be out later and this could be my last chance for nice water. So I go for it once more. I cut across and hit the wake, go big and boom I dig the nose of my board, and feel my knee pop. Done riding for the whole weekend. Luckily it fees better today. Moral of the story...I should have just called it a day.(and maybe thrown a couple kids overboard)
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
I'd have put all of the kids on a tube & let them battle it out on the water until they were exhausted & would just sit there, hopefully.
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
thats what BIG ski lockers are for !!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Glad to hear the knee is feeling better. We had a rule snowboarding that if anyone in the group said 'Let's do just one more run'...it was a mandatory 'end of day' immediately. We've had too many injuries on the last run/set/you name it...live to ride another day :-)
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-29-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
Thanks Loren...that is good advice. Jeremy, I am going to try that. The lockers are a little small on the 210, but I am sure I can make it work. The kid with the best behavior gets to hold the flag and the other two become extra ballast in the lockers
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-29-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
I like the tube idea, Run about 30 mph and beat them senseless. Or would you go to jail for child abuse? LOL.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-29-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
No need to go 30. They will beat the crap out of each other while not even moving. Just blow up the tube and let them go at it.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Put them all on the tube, hand them the flag, the other end of the rope & pick them up when you're done.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-29-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
If you heard a "pop", you better get it checked out, IMO
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-29-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yeah, a pop doesn't seem like something you normally expect from the knee. Get an MRI to make sure you don't wind up with knees like Parks.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
yeah i have to agree with the last two...same thing happened to me twice during back to back summers...felt the pop but it would feel better in a couple days...then i fell once more and completely tore my acl and meniscus (sp?)...but yea the dr said i tore it slightly both times and then the third time it couldnt take it and blew out...had to get surgery...out for a year...sucks, so it would not hurt to get an MRI
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-30-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
same thing happened to me . I would hear a pop while goin for 3's and landing wrong . Start wearing a brace if ya dont already or get ready for some surgery and downtime
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-30-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice about the knee all of you. I am a veteran of knee injuries being a basketball nut all my life. I have actually had surgery on both knees. I know what it feels like to really tear it. I think playing basketball 4 times a week helps me in being strong, though I am sure the wear and tear is not good. I will definitely push to get an MRI if I do not recover fully in a few days.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
I usually board till I get tired (20 minutes of falling), than I call it a day no matter what.
Crummy or distracted drivers have your life in their hands. Not even worth the risk.

Leave the kids with the Mother-in-law next time.. that'll teach em'