Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    wsrideer            01-22-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
i am looking to go to florida over febuary and want to know what a good relativly cheap camp to go to any suggestions
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       01-22-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Cheap wakeboard camp....its prettty much an oxymoron.

I would highly recommend The Boarding School (www.theboardingschool.com) with Travis Moye, and Shaun Murray. I have been there before and I am going back in Feb. Check out the testimonials on the site, it explains it pretty well. It runs at $1350 for 5 days.

I have also been to ride the spot, but that was back when Travis was there. I don't know how it is now but the price is $2,100 for 5 days, but I think for Feb. there is a winter special for $1,750. Thats if you feel you need a private chef.

I have heard the projects park is awsome, but I have never been there. Although I also heard the lake is small and narrow. But if your focused mainly on sliders its great. I think its $1,000 for a week.

I have also heard good things about the wakeboard camp. The price drops as you bring friends.

Check out all of the diffrent sites and the links page has more camps URL's in it. Check them all out and see what suits you. If you are spending a few hundred more, it will be worth it, there are reasons for some of them have higher prices. Start asking about dates they book up quick!

Im going to the Boarding School feb 15th-20th, Im addicted to that place, its worth the extra $ to ride with Shaun Murray and Travis, they rock :-)

www.ridethespot.net
www.thewakeboardcamp.com
www.theprojectspark.com
Old    rockroll            01-22-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
poolzy you might want to consider bonify's ski school. Its run by betty bonify, parks mom. she's an x cypress gardens skier from way back.I believe a week of boarding is around 900 with tons of boarding. my great wife and daughters arranged for me to spend a week in fed. as a suprise x-mass present. she dosen't advertize,just word of mouth. if you want more info just put up a message and i'll get you some numbers.
Old    maverick_gear            01-22-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
The wakeboard side of the Bonifay school is taught by Adam Gentry, Philip Combs Adrian Gentry and several other very good lesser known riders they have a new VLX and Shanes NEW X2 there, i talked to Philip today and he was telling about some new sliders they built there. Betty and the whole crew out there are really great and very experienced plus its less money. plus it isn't uncommon for parks, shane and pointless guys to be hangin out there.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-23-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
http://www.theboardingschool.com --- if you want the best---
Old    blindsiderider            01-23-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
does anyone have a number for the Bonifay school

(Message edited by blindsiderider on January 23, 2004)
Old    wsrideer            01-23-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info
everyone
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-23-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
yea..... what Jen said above!!! that's pretty much hitting the nail on the head. Travis and Shaun run a top notch operation- they will go OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure that you have anything that you need and want- well, within reason- I know that you will not find better teachers anywhere--- how can you beat having Shaun Murray coaching and Travis Moye driving???? The chain of lakes they ride on is sweet as hell and there is always a calm spot to ride- the days I was there we never saw another wakeboard boat-
Bottom line- you get what you pay for- it is worth paying the extra $$$ for the boarding school- You will have a blast and learn a ton-
just my .02$

alex
Old    rockroll            01-23-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
tony the number for betty bonifay is 863-956-0360,good luck
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-23-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
The Projects is $1000 a week for 5 days of unlimited riding plus if you get a early flight in he will usually let you ride a 6th day. They have the best sliders hands down. The Relentless slider that is in the new LF video that is coming out soon is at the projects. Its on 3 private lakes that only the projects uses. If you guys remember the old Jackass shows on MTV when they were going of ramps into the water, that was at the projects. There are tons of pros there all the time. Scott Byerly part owns the camp so he coaches there regularly. Plus a bunch of other great coaches. The website is www.theprojectspark.com
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-26-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
the jackass thing was at OWC wasnt it!
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-26-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
thats what i was thinking.. unless it was a different episode, but the one I am thinking of was defenitly at OWC.
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Not when they were riding wakeboards and wakeskates it was when they were doing stuff not involving wakeboarding and were going into the water. One of the shows they has a full loop and tony hawk and a few other guys were there and if you rode the full loop you would go off the jump at the end into the water.
Old    jiving            02-10-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
jj