Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-29-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
So I finally got a chance to change the impeller in my 22Ve and I was suprised by the damage it had. I've changed impellers before and they never looked like this. Is it possible that the person who installed this one had the blades bent going the wrong direction?
Attached Images

Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-29-2013, 6:55 PM Reply   
New to you boat? Looks like it hasn't been changed in a while or was started dry at some point?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-29-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Maybe some debris got in there at some point?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-29-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
that thing is old, you caught it just in time. look at the cracking inside the back of the blades. old. stuck in that shape. old. maybe it was run dry some. there is no wrong way to put it in. it will self correct.
Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-29-2013, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulharenberg View Post
New to you boat? Looks like it hasn't been changed in a while or was started dry at some point?
New to me last year. I bought it in May with 67 hrs and we have put another 50 hrs on last season. I've always changed the impeller every season on my previous boat. Still, it looks lime a lot of damage for so few hours.
Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-29-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
that thing is old, you caught it just in time. look at the cracking inside the back of the blades. old. stuck in that shape. old. maybe it was run dry some. there is no wrong way to put it in. it will self correct.
the boat is a 2006 model and sat in storage for close to 5 years before we bought it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-29-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1206 View Post
the boat is a 2006 model and sat in storage for close to 5 years before we bought it.
I would probably have replaced it right after I got it knowing it sat.
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-30-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
Thats what they look like when they're old... The damage is the dry spin when started till the water gets to the impeller.. Change impeller every 2 seasons.. I pull them out during winterization also..
Old     (NotSure123)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-30-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
I changed mine out last year, it was 6 yrs old/120 hrs and still looked really good. I don't know about your boat, but on mine it was HUGE HUGE pain to change!! I got new grays when it was all said and done! I think I'm going to go every 3 years now since I have only been averaging 40hrs a season...
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-30-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
There is no thing as putting in wrong direction. They will turn over if needed.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-30-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
^^^exactly. Be a real man and change your impeller on the water then you will know difficult. Lol it sucks