Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-18-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Just got a call from Tim, said that you were in a full leg splint, did some major ligament damage to the knee yesterday. Troy and I had just seen you riding on that Elsinore butta yesterday, goin' off with no end in sight. Of all the !@#$%^?&* luck! Man this sucks. Sorry to hear about this, hope you have a quick and solid recovery!
Old    martini            03-18-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
i know you will recover quick sean! its in your airborn blood! think about all those lives you've helped over the years with your helicopter, first on the scence i can save your life style!!! Karma is on your side my man...

you will be back in no time!

(Message edited by martini on March 18, 2004)
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-18-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
Much love to Sean and best wishes for a speedy recovery. In a testament to Sean's character, he still wants to be on the water watching people ride and spreading the stoke. Get well Soon!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-18-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
Sean, is it gonna make you feel any better that summer's here and finding good water's gonna start getting tough? Must have been trying the blind one....
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-18-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
omg! i can't believe this. i was just riding with you! tim tells me it happened right after you guys dropped me off at the dock. damn sean that really sucks. and you were so excited about the water being so warm finally.

here's to a fast recovery and no mcl/miniscus damage!

(Message edited by deepstructure on March 18, 2004)
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-18-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
First of all I would like to say thanks a lot to all of you guys for the encouraging and kind words.

I saw an orthopedic surgeon today and just through his manipulation of my leg he believes I tore the medial collateral ligament (it's the right knee by the way), and I may have damaged the anterior cruciate ligament and/or some meniscus cartilage. I will be getting an MRI next week after some of the swelling goes down. If it is just the MCL, it can heal with physical therapy (roughly 3 months) but if there is any damage to anything else, it will require surgery (at least 6 months).

I was so excited about riding yesterday because we were trunking it (without even the slightest chill) and the water was butta! I kid you not, I was as happy as the first time I discovered wakeboarding. The funny thing is, I don't feel too bad about the injury and I can't wait to take my boat out so other people can ride.

I had just ridden through a stretch of rollers (damn penis extension boat) and we had reached some really glassy water so I was charging it/going as big as I could. Nothing too fancy, just a heelside (not a blind one Derek) 180. It felt so good and floaty and I landed in the flats, but that's where it went wrong. As I landed I felt a POP and looked down to see my knee frickin' buckle. I let out an "OWW" I'd swear could have been heard on the other side of the lake. I knew immediately what I had done.

No kidding about taking my boat out for other people! I'm not one to sit at home so I may as well get out there and enjoy the weather, make new friends, and "spread the stoke." I will post when I am ready to go or people can e-mail me if they want to go. Just pay for gas and feed the driver .
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
Wow, Frankie and I just sat here and read this, and both said, "oh no!"

Sean, sorry to hear of the injury. Take care and here's to a speedy and full recovery.

Since you won't be needing the boat for a while, gimme the keys!

Just kidding man!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-18-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Sean sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully it's not a tear and you'll be back on the water later this spring. It's crazy how just a simple wake jump could lead to such an injury without a bad crash.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-18-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
Hey Joe,

The SAN doesn't need keys .

You'll have to come out and ride in a couple weeks when I am able to get the boat out.

Thanks Bill.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-19-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Hang in there, boss.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Sean - Im praying for the best and a quick recovery for your knee. I bet Scout is going to enjoy the one on one time before the house gets too busy.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-19-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
Sean,

Your riding friends from Indiana are also praying for you and a quick healing. Chris.

I hope you get well soon!!! I loved your boat and your hospitality when i was in California!! I feel like wakeboarding, so i can't wait to be up there again. I hope God gives you a speedy recovery. Sarah.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Bryan,

Scout is already reaping the benefits. P.S. I may be down but I am not out so don't forget to call when you need a third. "I'm an excellent driver... Yah, Yah, definitely!"

Chris and Sarah,

It's great to hear from you guys. I would be offended if you came back to California and didn't give me the opportunity to take you guys wakeboarding again. It's swim trunk weather here. Drop me an e-mail when you're heading this way. I hope to see you soon.

Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-22-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear such bad news:-( Get better soon !!

Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Paula
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-24-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
Sean,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you recover quickly. I have a friend that tore up his knee and he rode his wake skate during his rehab b/c it would not allow him to jump and was easier on his knee (during the recovery process - once knee is good I am sure that he will be back on the wakeboard).

Good luck and keep us informed
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-24-2004, 3:31 PM Reply   
Crap - what was I thinking.

The Foil! You can still ride the foil!