Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (markmoo)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-05-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
I'm looking to ride south for a week this spring (April/may). Does anyone have any input as to the best places to ride in georgia/carolina's. We would ideally like to rent a place on a nice ridin' lake. Any ideas?
Old     (scottyr7)      Join Date: May 2006       02-05-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
In Georgia I would say that the most people ride on either Lanier or Allatoona. Lanier can get very busy on the weekends and it is tough to find good water. If you are looking further north, Carter's lake is really nice and not very crowded, but it is a haul from Atlanta.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       02-05-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Its not georgia or the carolina's, but My uncle owns a resort down her on Table Rock Lake in southern Missouri. The waters always sweet and the location is prime!! And he has a dock for you boat!
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
In the upper part of South Carolina, there's Lake Jocassee, Keowee, and Hartwell. You can do a search for cabin rentals on any of the above mentioned lakes, but probably won't have much luck this short of notice. If you are coming down I-85, you will pass over Lake Hartwell and Lake Keowee is a short drive off I-85.
In Georgia, Scott mentioned Lanier and Allatoona. For more information on those, check with wakeboardatlanta.com. The guys on there are helpful.
Lets us know if/when you are passing through. We can set up a ride together.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-05-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hyco Lake in northern NC is a great place. Because it is the cooling lake for a coal burning power plant, the water is much warmer than most other lakes. Good water is usually easy to find, and there are some great rental homes as well. Check out www.endofropegang.com for finding some great deals on home rentals, and you can find out more about the lake here: http://www.hycolake.com/
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-05-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
If your coming to atlanta you can usually find a cabin and good water on the north end of lanier, around gainesville. Alatoona isn't crowded during the week and thats where I usually go. If you are wanting to go out at night and hit the bars or anything, those are your best bets.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-05-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
the pro tour is in allatoona in May, 18-20
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
We're setting up a wakesurfing get together on Lake Norris on April 20-22.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-05-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Listen Bro if your going to come that far you might as well come to The Central Florida Wakefest April 14th and 15th in Winter Haven Florida on the Cypress Gardens Chain.They have a tight hotel right on the water. Check out our posts and links in WAKE EVENTS under Central Florida Wakefest. I know a few pro's who will be at the event and Rusty will probably not be far behind.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
where are you coming from?

If you want to ride in the am, and hang out in the afternoon/pm can't beat Lanier. Just ride on the north end of the lake in the am and head south later. Try not to get run over by the 50 footers though. There's tons of places to stay on Lanier. I think the prices go up in april though. Easy to get to off of 85.

The only time I've been to alltoona was for the pro tour last year, but a bunch of people ride there.

I second Duffy. I would just keep going and head to central florida.