Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    cdubs            11-15-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Hey everyone i just would like to say sorry for posting a bunch of stuff lately or getting over exicted when i shouldnt have been. I know i said i wouldn't post anymore but i feel the need too. Ive been through so much in my life in the past two weeks its hard to believe but im still plugging away. I dont know how or where to start but i want some of you to know the true story. Ever since i turned 18 ive been living in lie basically. Starting with partying and my parents, then gf and so on. Finally i just couldnt take living that way anymore and got alittle crazy to prove some points when i shouldnt have. I have no clue how but somehow i stayed awake working on wakeboard designs for 7 days straight with no sleep and no drugs to keep me up. Obviously your mind works really wierd without sleep for that long. I was in vegas for the day and ommitted myself into vegas umc to prove to my parents i had clean blood. well that didnt work because vegas lied and same with thier police dep and strapped me down to a table all night by the arms and legs and put a muzzle on my face for 7 hours. also they lied and said i was on substances which i dont want to say but i proved them wrong the next night and next night by blood tests from seperate hospitals. my lawyer is all excited because supposedly i have a giant easy case against thier police and hospital but im not the type of person to sue someone ever. thats how everything started but thats not even that big compared to all the other events that took place. i dont want to get way into everything but through everything that has happened i have become a strong Christian and am proud to say it. my family also is back to normal after 4 years and ive been trying to help all my friends around me that seem to be lost. I did definately get overexicted when i made those posts and i was probably on like my third day without sleep because of excitement. the excitement came because we have a wakeskate, wakeboard, that goes against all wakeboard rules so i couldnt sleep. its now possible to nollie 2-3 feet high off your front foot wakeskating, nose manual into the wake and pop off the nose wakeboarding, and we came up with our own way to self propel yourself using hydrfoil type systems with certain flex patterns so you dont need a boat. like pumping a skateboard you could think of it as. all these things and the excitement made my brain start to race so i kept posting stupid stuff. Anyway im sorry once again for all the posts i made and ill stay off this board if you guys want me to. -dubs
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-15-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
What just happened?

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
huh?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
people need to give this guy a break. He is a great rider and is trying to set things strait.

Dubs ~ I say keep on posting and good luck with your ideas.
Old    nething2blind            11-15-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
chris go to bv with me on thanksgiving lets ride!
Old    cdubs            11-15-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
Hey SoCalRider i just went through so much crazy stuff and everything that happens when you hang out with the wrong crowd. i finally know what im doing with my life i guess you could say. plus we came up with some cool board designs because wakeboarding personally was just not as fun for me. ive been riding the same board my whole life but each year id change in rocker, fins, and shape but thats it. bindings too. Some ideas came from laird hamiltons designer and getting rid of the current hydrofoil design, mervin manufacting also is very smart and helpful plus just most of the ideas came from all the ideas i have heard from wakeboarders over the past so many years.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-15-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
Dang, Chris, hope you get things worked out. There definitely is a lot of room for innovation in the wake industry.
Old    wakeboardn4life            11-15-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
seems pretty cool this guy has a dream and is actually working to make it come tru. no worries bro
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-15-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
Don't appoligize. Stay away from drugs, and eat right. These are the best years of your life if you are really true too yourself then kick back and enjoy them.
Old     (birger_celis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-15-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
Speed?
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-15-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
Sigmund Frued, one of the worlds founders of phychology, was an avid cocain addict. My point being just because your not perfect don't let that distract you to believing your not good enough to be known for you dreams.

"through everything that has happened i have become a strong Christian and am proud to say it."

You have choosen a good path here, and it takes alot to post that in front of 100's of people.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-15-2005, 9:09 PM Reply   
i've never heard of this guy in my life..

apparently i'm totally naive.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
Any vids of chris out there? ive seen him ride many times but just for those that havent been fortunate enought to. Please Post

Chris im looking forward to this upcoming year and the vid, also those new board shapes, good luck with everything you do man.
Old     (ufobw)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
Not sleeping is just as bad as doing drugs... especially when you are up for 7 days!

"Sleep is needed to regenerate certain parts of the body, especially the brain"

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web3/Ledoux.html

Please get some sleep.. We will be here for your ideas when you wake up.

Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-15-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
Chris,
I'm so amped for you bro. It's been a while since we talked. hit me up on my email mikeschwenne@hotmail.com and I'll give you my new phone number.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-16-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
Dubs,

Hang in there G, sounds like you are back on track, go for your dreams, don't let anyone take your dreams away from you.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2005, 6:32 AM Reply   
I don't know if I saw all the posts you're talking about but I, personally, enjoyed the ones I saw. Some people just aren't cool and chose to show it in their responses. That's a crazy story bro. It's awesome you've gotten things pretty much straightened out in your life. I hope this makes the holidays most enjoyable for you and your fam. you're a good rider man, keep at it and keep the ideas flowing.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-16-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
I cannot tell you how excited I was to see Chris posting again. And then we get this?

Chris, you actually made sense! Whatever you are doing, go with it cause it is working.

Finally we got some explanation about your ideas that at least give pause for thought, which is a huge improvement.

And your vegas story . . . that's the kind of craziness I expect from you. Sweet! Sounded like you got a bit of the Hanibal Lector treatment which puts you in a select group.

I actually feel bad about the retard calls I made and wish to retract them. What you have sounds a little more scary! Stay close to your new path and your doctors.

Old    corkyswx2            11-16-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
Whoa. I don't think anybody should have to explan themselves or apoligize. Kind of like making a bigger deal than it really is? CDub, no worries. You don't need to tell people your personal lifestory or justify what you say on a message board.
I hope your wakeboard designs work out well, and take a nap!
-Courtney
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-16-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
Couple of things. CONGRATS on finding a higher power and I hope that you continue down that path. I also hope your in some other type/form of help as well? Sorry, I am not buying the "everyone was wrong about me, accept me" story about Vegas either. I am sure your parents, the Vegas PD, and the hospital were on the phone with each other plotting your capture and all, but sometimes BS is just BS. Of course a 2nd set of test would be clean, because just about everything disappears from your system in less than 72 hours (accept weed). That ain't new. There's a saying, "sometimes, less is more," and that fits in well here, with the stories.
Stay clean, stay focused, and enjoy a great life. Otherwise, your doomed to a life of failures, one after another. Jails, Mental institutions, and death are next...
I understand that your on the right road now, and some are giving you "adda boys" but that ain't gonna get it. After the honeymoon phase is over, it's real easy to fallback with that "wrong" crowd again, and it happens to most. Be advised, be informed, keep it real.
I wish you luck on this new road. It ain't easy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-16-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Yea, when you said that you "stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd," it kind of blows your theory of no drug use out the window. Hang in there and don't be afraid of asking for help if you need it. You only get one shot at life. Make it a good one.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-16-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
Ok,

This is where we cleanse our personal demons now???

Seven days, no sleep, with no chemical influence of any sort.

This boy aint right in the head.

You don't need religion son, you need professional counseling!!!

PAGING DOCTOR OCTOGON,PAGING DOCTOR OCTOGON. WE HAVE A BREACH IN THE WEST WING!

(Message edited by SEATTLE on November 16, 2005)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-16-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
I don't know guys, When I get really excited about a new pair of pants I want, I'll stay up for three, four, even seven days.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-16-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
I really feel for him. A few years ago he was a regular kid, hanging at events having a fun time, dad was way involved in what could have been his career. What the heck happened.
Old    i_love_shelton            11-16-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Explain how the hell you nollie on a wakeskate, glad to hear your good, but seriously. Physics would say it is impossible unless you are on some type of foil that rides atop of the water. b/c the fact is is that the weight can not be transferred from your rear foot to your front wittout catching your nose unless you are riding sideways, give it a try
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-16-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/media.php?quickstr=chris+williams&type=Any&trick=A ny&limit=10&time=1132194859&search=search.
check some of these out.
Old    cdubs            11-18-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Hey guys whats up! whats up jas, shwenne! Anyone who thinks drugs were involved there were NOT but seriously i was way overexcited about alot of stuff and didnt even care to sleep. This whole story is going to be in my video but anyone who thinks i need help ive found it. Its all in the Bible and also yes i did recieve professional help. A mental hospital for three days is in there. lol. seriously. Thats when i srarted reading the Bible and Psalms 13 for comfort in there. That mental hospital was crazy though. They gave me medication to put me to sleep and it put me in seizures. The mental hospital and vegas is only half the story but pretty interesting. I got released with zero medication and clean blood for the vegas police dep case that i dont want to go to court over but somehow publicly prove them wrong. im sorry if im not making sense but to me i understand whats going on. Oh yeah anyone who thinks things are impossible is wrong. h20 is the same as snow, you just have to figure out how to cross them up. YES you can fakie bigspin a wakeskate now. Getting the final product finished and finding the right company to promote the line is the only battle going on. EPIC boats is going to have some serious big changes to the wakeboard community and i thank them so much for hearing out some of my ideas.
Old    nething2blind            11-18-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
Chris screw everyone else you are still the best rider on the WS. Glad to see you pushing the sport to another limit, I always wanted to see you BLOW UP! now is your time to shine. There is a song by PULLY that you should listen to "THIS IS IT" We are riding on Thankgiving if you want to roll out
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
Dubs- We are with you. More great things are coming, stay focused.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
One more thing, work things out with your dad if you haven't yet. He is your biggest fan.
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
chris i believe in you man make your dream come true keep posting and you no i got your back man keep it up
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
wow, whowouldjesusbomb that would be the best thing I ever heard. Chris I hope your dad is behind you it took me 15 years to get it right with mine. I am also a ramdom poster my mind works faster or hard to get things typed out. Lots of my close friends know that. Keep doing what your doing and follow your dreams anything is possable in this business. I rember when the 720 and the kick flip was un thought of and now its a normal move for the pros and some no names.
I wish you the best of luck.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-18-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
Someone already blew your cover and said you all were smoking salvia. But apparantly it's legal.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-19-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
ryan, dog did u jus get done watchin " for what its worth". i think u did huh. dont lie. i jus did too. that movie is badass
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-19-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
danger danger, GUINNESS is in the house! METH? Classic stuff, keep it rollin'CDUBS...Give me a smile
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-19-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
"I rember when the 720 and the kick flip was un thought of and now its a normal move for the pros and some no names."
You can achieve anything you want!!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-20-2005, 3:05 AM Reply   
What's up Chris. I am so stoked you got everything going in the direction you want. You are a great rider. We havent talked in awhile. hit me up sometime. I have been kicking it with Tony Carroll and enjoying school. Hit me back sometime bro, keep it real. Nice riding.