Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
The private lake we ride on in Arvin, CA is having an open ride day Saturday and low key grassroots fun tournament on Sunday. Ill be there pulling both days with an 06 SAN. Come check it out, ride, hangout if youre in the area!!!! Lake is 8ft deep and butter all day!!

Check out the flier attached. It doesnt say much about wakeboarding but we will be throwing together a wakeboard tourney on Sunday if we have enough riders.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Flier-SPLASH[1].doc (32.5 KB, 379 views)
Old    readyaimfire            08-25-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
Damn, I will be coming through that area next wednsday! Wish it was this Saturday instead.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-25-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
Cool idea. I learned to ride at the neighboring lake Ski West 18 years ago. There is an easier quicker way to get there by the way. Heading north on 5 exit Lamont and head east for about 11 miles if I remember correctly. Millux will be on your left.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Will they let you weight the boat? Interesting that the flier says nothing about wakeboarding. Pretty cool, if the wake nazi's don't get involved.

Last edited by bbr; 08-25-2011 at 9:24 PM.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-25-2011, 10:08 PM Reply   
Might be 7 miles. Im not 100% sure. But its right between the 2 of those
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2011, 10:36 PM Reply   
Oh yeah we definately weight the boat. We were the first wakeboarders to join the lake. They have 3 lakes (only 2 are rideable right now). Lake 2 is the newer lake made specifically for wakeboarding. They have a larger gravelly sand on the shore to help keep wake erosion down. Basically the only reason the wakeboarding part is happening is because I volunteered to bring the boat and do it. The owners are real cool, they are probably going to let us put rails in.

Yeah Callen thats the way we come, I didnt even look at the directions. I forgot what the road name is but its the exit by the huge Famous Footwear building. It is around 10 miles, you will start to see the private lakes with houses around them when youre getting close. Millux has a left hand turn lane for it.