Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-19-2004, 9:59 PM Reply   
I'm in the process of Learning w2w jumps. i just have a couple of questions.
1. when standing tall at the ramp of the wake do you fully extend your legs(lock them out almost) or do u have them slighty bent? i have watched several w2w jumps off the net, but i can't really tell

2. some people say as they approach the top of the wake they actually bend there knees and as they're going up the ramp kinda of push down and jump up with their legs. is this a good idea?

3. I think once i stood tall before hitting the wake(in the flats) and all the way threw it, but instead of getting air i got a headache. all i remember was that i believe the top of the board hit the wake and it kind of faceplanted me in that direction(like a halfway cartwheel into the ground), then after getting catapulted into the water i think the board came off my feet and hit me on the left side of my face. I was just wondering does anybody kno what exactly happened to me and how tight should i have my bindings(i have Liquid Force alphas and i dont tie them)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks A Lot!
Old                08-20-2004, 5:23 AM Reply   
i dont think you should lock your knees... just went you cut, get your butt progressively low to the water. your knees should be at 90 degree angles right now. then at the last second, you stand tall (which basically means push down) so that you kind of ramp off the wake.

sort of the same technique, BUT with wakeboard the timing is more crucial! with a snowboard ramp, you still push off of it, but they are big. with wakeboarding, the wakes are small, and you have to have perfect timing.

just remember, you cant stand tall (push down) if you are already standing tall! make sure you let the boat start that progressive cut. at the end of your cut, close to the wake, you should be cuting hard, and your knees should be at like 90 degree angles. then push down at the top of the wake... without letting up on your edge! i almost think of it as pushing the boat away. if you try to push straight down, you will lose your edge.

last but not least, you handle has to be low for this whole thing. having your handle out straight wont help you

good luck!