Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-25-2001, 6:15 AM Reply   
hey guys I just started trying raleys and they are quite exciting. My problem is that everytime I take off I can get laid out but I just keep on going and do a complete tramp style front flip sometimes to a front flip to revert. I can land the flips they are quite nice looking on video...lol. If anyone can help me bring it back down to earth I would most appreciate it. Also is there a special name for flips like that, I know its called stargazing but could the flip be called a raley roll or something? Thanks again.
Old    unintentional            06-30-2001, 12:53 AM Reply   
The trick would be to grab the handle again and ride away. That would be cool...

Look up at the boat in the air. Also, make sure you keep more tension on the line while you're cutting and keep that tension all the way through the wake. What's happening is that your line is going slack in the air and with no pull from the boat your board just keeps going up and eventually over. I almost landed an (unintentional) air kryp a couple days ago, but I couldn't quite bring it down. The impact gave me a black eye, but it was pretty funny to watch on video.

Mike