Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-27-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
Read the nice article on the new KC cable park, people in Kansas are lucky, and this is not a knock on Kansas by any means, but how in the world does Kansas have a cable park (which is frozen over half the year) and a place like Arizona doesn't? I know we used to have one (Ski Springs) years ago that shut down, but I couldn't imagine a cabel park out her in AZ being anything but extremly successfull year round. Who do you talk to to get the ball rollin' on something like that?
Old    snoobs            11-27-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
someone with money
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-27-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
What happened to Ski Springs? I remember living in Tempe in 92 and driving by it often.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-28-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
ski springs is now playa del rey estates if I am not mistaken.
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
I believe it's Crystal Point Estates. Elliot and McQueen.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-29-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
why isn't there a cable park in Southern California?

Oh yeah....we need a lake...that we can actually get in.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Ski springs is Playa Del Ray estates. Crystal point was built just south east of the cable park. There has already been multiple people trying to build another cable in Arizona Myself included. When I was working on it we ended up with all the funding needed to build an exact replica of the OWC but were turned down by multiple people regarding the water rights issue. Arizona has put a stop on all proposals that involve building a lake. The only resource we didn't look to much into was reclaimed water. If anyone in Arizona is looking to reopen this issue and try to open a cable. give me an email. I have alot of info and prices on the different cables and where to get them and I would love to be involved.
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-29-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
here in germany we cant ride only 8 month in the year and the first and the last month are very cold but now we got over 80 cable parks
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-30-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Brinks, I emailed ya.
Old    kcw            11-30-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Kansas is just so much cooler than Arizona. The cable that used to be in Arizona was taken down and is now OWC. Also the lake isn't frozen half of the year; I rode yesterday. I love to invest 5 bucks for a cable in Arizona.

(Message edited by kcw on November 30, 2004)

(Message edited by kcw on November 30, 2004)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-30-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but what is a cable park?
Old    snoobs            11-30-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hopefully you guys can get around the water issues in Arizona. I'd much rater travel to AZ than FL and FL is closer for me. There is just so much more to do in AZ I feel. Much more fun for an outdoorsman.
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-30-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
I really wish that they could make a cable park from Tempe town lake. It would do so good with everybody driving by it and a college right next to it, but that will never happen.
Old    slalomskifreak            12-01-2004, 6:07 AM Reply   
brinks, I emailed you for information.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       12-01-2004, 6:16 AM Reply   
There are actually some people that are trying to work out a plan for one to be built in Indiana right now. I think within the not to distant future you are going to start seeing alot more cable parks pop up around the entire country.
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/ForumThread.aspx?ItemID=405&mid=56
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
I like the guy who says that OWC is the destination in Orlando. Maybe for wakeboarders...helllooooo Disneyworld! I know a lot of people who worked as contractors in the area who had seen OWC on their way to the airport, but didn't know what it was until I went and reported back.

Fairland Ski area for a mil is a bargain, I hope someone gets in on this.

Eric