Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
So I got a pair of 770's, but wasn't quite prepared for all that is involved in installation. It came with directions, but those seem like they would be only useful for a pro installer. My list of questions are many.

1- So I have to drill holes in these things for the speaker wire?
2- Do I have to drill and tap a hole for the bolt that attaches the speaker to the collar. There are two holes in it already, but one is too big and the other seems too small
3- So I have to dismantle the speaker in order to attach the speaker wire? How do I go about that, just start ripping screws out?

Please somebody help me get a clue.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
Unless something has changed there should be three holes on the top. The one in the center is for attaching the enclosure to the color with the accompanying bolt. The other two holes I just use one of them to run the speaker wire through. Yes, just pull the speaker apart and attach the wires. Its very straight forward.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-22-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
I think mine had two holes. The smaller one should be the speaker wire hole. The other is where the cap screw goes from the inside of the can into the lower coller half. Mine is held by one screw only.

Mine had the speaker wire lead sticking out of the smaller hole. But I disassembled and replaced it cuz I wanted beefier wire all the way to the crossover - not necessry but I wanted to...
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-23-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Okay, thanks. Looking a bit easier...those directions sure leave something to be desired. .

Where's a good place to get wiring that has a quick disconnect to allow tower fold down? A quick search didn't turn up much.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-23-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
I ran the wire thru the tower and into the hull right by drivers elbow. No need to disconnect when lowering or raising tower.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-23-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
I am a little confused...Jaime had the wires already set up on mine. I just added my quick disco's to the end to match my existing mating discos on the tower wires, grab my allen wrench, bolt them on and crank it up.

Took a whole 10 minutes to do...9 minutes to stare at the beautiful chrome and 1 minute to bolt them on and crimp the discos

Mine couldn't have been more simple. I didn't have to run wires into the tower though, as I was already running tower speakers.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-24-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Todd,

The HollowPoints are set up so that one product will fill a wide variety of towers with fewer costly appendages. You also have the ability to level the speakers/grills no matter what the angle or radius of your tower. Plus, you can opt for a range of wiring options from quick-disconnects to something more stealth. We really like this approach, from an installing dealer perspective, because one product is so versatile.

However, for a do-it-yourselfer it is a bit more than a simple bolt-on. But there's certainly nothing complex.

Btw, with our orders we include an 11-page instruction package that thoroughly covers every conceivable install variation.

David
Earmark Marine