Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2007, 1:58 AM Reply   
Ok so we all know that all the Ultimate Watersports and there counterpart Cope&McPheters aren't known for the best customer service. I bought Jet Ski's from a Ultimate when they had a small shop in Hayward about ten years ago and had a decent experience. When I went to look at fourwinns boats I just happened into the livermore store. THey did not have the exact model I wanted to look at but Justin took the time to really look through the boat with me and talk about alot of options and spent the time to help me out. I left feeling good that there was a dealership that made me feel comfortable. Rule #1 is that if they don't make you feel comfortable or you feel wishy washy about the salesman or dealership walk away. After going to a boat show I started getting ready to buy and really wanted to see the boat that I wanted so I went to Cope & McPheters in SantaClara and took a look. BAD DECISION, felt like I was in a dealership and the sharks were feeding. The salesman had the nerve to quote me 500 over MSRP. I was nice took the quote and left. I immediately called Justin and told him to sharpen his pencil I was coming down to close the deal we talked about. Everything was just as we discussed, he didn't change the numbers at all. We ordered the boat and that was all. The day I picked up the boat and it was just as ordered. There was a few things that didn't come on it but no biggie he was quick to pull out a due bill and fill it out before I ever said anything. He hitched me up and we signed paperwork. Then I went upstairs and Eric dialed me in with a new board and a life vest and all the stuff I wanted with a awesome discount. I took the boat out for about a hour to figure out all the little things that needed to be done and dialed in at the service department and brought it back and they once again took care of me and got it in and out of service so I could use it right away. Now let me tell you this, the boat is a bottom of the line 180 horizon and not the 50 or 60k bu's that they sell all day long but they still treated me just like a customer spending 50k. One day I took my boat out on the bay and my trailer brakes locked up. I had no idea what to do so I called and Eric said "no problem I'll be there in thirty minutes with another trailer" He showed up with a loaner trailer and got mine into service. This is on a Saturday mind you. Mike over there always dials me in with advice when I ride even when I call him on a sunday. If you are looking for a new Malibu or Fourwinns boat those are the guys to go to. They take care of you like no other. I wanted to post a shout out along time ago but never had the time so here is it :-)
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-06-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Glad you were treated well, found a helpful salesman and found the right boat for you! (Although your post makes me believe you have some personal connection with Justin and crew). Cope/Ultimate have a well-known and deserved reputation for poor after-sale treatment of customers, warranty and maintenance in their service centers. Hopefully you won't have the same bad experiences that so many customers have had in your future dealings with them.

(Message edited by deltadave on July 06, 2007)
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Sorry I cant say much for the one IN SAN JOSE (BOB COPE) your F..ing employees dont know know how to work on LUXURY TOYS!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
yea that is why i was surprised that the livermore store was such the opposite. Trust me I have no personal connection with any of them other than I bought the boat there and they still treat me great. It also helps that fourwinns themselves stand by there product with great pride. But in all seriousness go there it will change your perspective and you guys are right SANJOSE cope SUCKS.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
} MY NEXT MALIBU WILL BE BOUGHT FROM...... BOAT COUNTRY..(ESCALON CA).... THEY KNOW HOW TO TREAT A BOAT CUSTOMER BEFORE AND AFTER A SALE!

ULTIMATE WATERSPORT- forgets who you are after the sale of one of their boats..... word of mouth travels fast when you get poor service.

Repeat business and satisfaction is what keeps a company strong and open for many years

(Message edited by burbanized on July 06, 2007)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
soeed. did you buy from the ultimate on the 80 i forgot what city it is but I think its close to sac? always wondered how they were. I always heard bad stuff but like i said my experience was great but only with this one store, the rest sucked just like the rest of you say
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
I Don't Know about Cope But Justin is Very good and works hard to help out the people who buy from him. He put up with me when I bought my VTX and I know it was not easy. I asked for a lot and he delivered. A big thanks from me to the Livermore crew
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
I love how someone tries to throw props out where they are due, and then someone else comes in and drops their pants and smears their crap all over the thread. Way to be classy, bro.

And the San Jose facility doesn't work on boats. But you git on wit yo bad self because you hate Copes!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
Yea I just wanted to throw props out to that one dealer and the folks there that are the oposite of the average experience with Cope.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
Maybe I should not post this since its been many years, but...

When I bought my 2000 BU Wakesetter VLX from UWS, I dreaded taking my boat in for warranty work.
Every time, the boat would come out incomplete and filthy as hell. I dreaded having that damn warranty.

Ya, I have not forgotten. Payback is a bitch.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
GD what ultimate did you get your boat from
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2007, 12:05 AM Reply   
I bought it from Bell Aqua from Mike Mello.
It was a pleasant experience.

I got it serviced in Vacaville the first time and I got it re-serviced in San Jose afterwards.
Vacaville was despicable while San Jose was just acceptable.

Lately, I do it myself or I go to liquid wrenches. I still fear UWS service.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-07-2007, 12:18 AM Reply   
yea, i always take it to livermore UWS there service department is good from my experience. I think the Livermore Ultimate is different from the rest, they actually care about there customers !!! I have heard not so good experiences with the other ultimates and cope stores and have experienced not so good service at the others but so far the ultimate in livermore has been tops
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2007, 12:26 AM Reply   
Thats good to hear. I wonder why they are good. I had always thought that UWS service sucked because of a trickle down attitude from the very top. So, now I am thinking that UWS Livermore must have someone special in their organization. Lets hope they don't get spanked by corporate for giving good service! :-)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-07-2007, 12:43 AM Reply   
yea I hope not because they are great. When I asked them why they weren't like the other cope and ultimates they said "we're kind of like the step child, all the other shops hate us for not being like them" I can say that I know if I had a trailer problem and I bought a sea ray, bayliner, or maxum I would have gotten this from my salesman "oh call this 800 number" and would have been stranded with a boat in the water and no where to put it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
From talking with multiple boat owners that have had there boats serviced at UWS ive yet to find a happy one.

My most recent experience was with a guy in a malibu response. Had some fiberglass work done around his tower, which resulted in having the tower removed. During the removal they cut all the wires to his tower speakers without notifying him. End result was cut wires and a dirty boat.

Second one was a close personal friend of mine, had a tower installed and when he picked up the boat there was metal shavings and fiberglass all over the floor.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-07-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
That sucks, When I do work to my boat or someones car I take pride in my work and do it right
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-07-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
liquid wrenches will always get my vote. as for the whole uws and cope thing. not on your life for servicing, but justin is great guy with a real positive attitude. he took great care of a buddy of mine on a deall that took 6 months to close. he knows his stuff. middle of march we went on a demo with him, it was great. not only when we pulled up to orwood the boat was in the water ready to go,, but it had a brand broadast in the plastic and 3 full set ups ready to demoed. he would have even had a dry suit for us if we didnt already have our own. 2 thumbs up to justin and the livermore store but thats a negitive for the rest.