Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    firestormz            08-27-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
i read through this borad and its all ppl from the states, are there anyone from canada, or ontario??
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
That's because Canada is covered with ice and snow 365 days a year. Dude, I've never seen an Eskimo on a wakeboard.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
Could you guys even afford boats anyway? With the exchange rate, would a new Mastercraft be like half the GNP or something?
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Ok, I couldn't just leave that stuff there. Of course, I am just breakin' your balls.

I really like Canada, especially BC and the Canadian Rockies.
Old    krissi            08-27-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
I'm from ontario
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-27-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
I went to the cable tour stop up there in Montreal, it was pretty fun but other than that.. I'm from Maine.. does that count?
Old    shiftywakeskate            08-27-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
fraser valley bc, its a great place but most of the province is on fire right now
Old    inadrummer            08-27-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
yah im from ontario, really close to krissi... u know, office krissi...... and yah ur right it does snow 365 days a year. who says u cant wakeboard on snow? how do u think they came up with snowboarding?
Old    firestormz            08-27-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
krissi-Jesse lol, where abouts in ontario? and ya, frozen lakes, they are the best to wakeboard on, I love it.

Luke - i am going to BC at the end of sept, and I wanted to ride out there. I just grad from fire college, but that sucks about the fires.
Old    catalyst            08-27-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
hey salmon tacos, boats here are a way better deal then buying them in america, an x star would only be 60-80 thousoand as well, except canadian dollars. I know a guy that bought a boat here and sold it in the states at an ouction and made atleast 5 grand american. Oh yeah im from Vancouver B.C. and waleboard at woods lake.
Old    saxosham            08-27-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Im not originally from Canada but Im staying around Vancouver for a Gap year from uni. I have been boarding at the Deas Slough in Ladner which is usually pretty sweet.
Old    forum25            08-28-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Hey i'm from Ontario, i ride in Muskoka! and in the winters i am in BC....usually at whistler snowboarding!
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
jason... im from the kitchener-waterloo area in southern ontario. (about an hour or two from toronto, u prolly know that already if ur in ontario)

~Jesse
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
and yah, office krissi lives fairly close to me too.... u know who she is right? office krissy, she plays hockey... no???

lol

[]Deace
~Jesse
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
I'm really confused
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
lol im joking around... havent u seen the commercial? office bob or something, he plays hockey?

anyways, it all boils down to canada being the best country in the world... but our summers are too short :-(
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Yeah summers are too short, and no I don't think I have seen that commercial lol, but it explains alot.
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
wait, wait, maybe I have seen it....nah I haven't, you just watch too much T.v. (joking joking)
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
im truly offended...

lol
Old    tribal            08-28-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
From the heart of the mountains in bc the best of all worlds
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
Everyone on here that is canadian is like either from BC or ontario
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
yah where are the fakeboarders from the Yukon? or Nunavut? fluck!
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
yeah I want to see an Eskimo wakeboard
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
then come see me wakeboard!

...im surprised that ur not eskimo :P

[]Deace
~Jesse
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
I meant an eskimo besides me

Man, someone broke into my igloo last night with a hair dryer. Now I have a big hole in the wall. AND they took my dog sled so I can't go anywhere.

;)
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
hahaha, that made my day... but at the same time scared me cuz i never thought of people breaking into igloos with hair dryers. i gotta find some way to protect mine before its too late!
Old    krissi            08-28-2003, 12:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, you gotta be careful with those hair dryers
Old    mike_rennie            08-28-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
I love going to B.C. to Wakeboard. All the people are really nice there too. And compared to the Lakes here in California, the lakes in B.C. are so less crowded. I wouldn't mind living there too. Plus the American Dollar is so good there, you can get a house on the lake for $300,000 U.S while here in the U.S. $300,000 gets you a little house sandwiched in between a couple other houses with a view of the street. The weather is nicer in B.C. too. After just one visit to B.C., I'm hooked. I love it in B.C. !
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-28-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
I lived in Vancouver last year. Beautiful place, I'd just watch out for those Surrey Girls, hahahaha.
Old    firestormz            08-28-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
holy, i go to work for one day and I miss all this fun on my post, and the hair dryer, lmao, that made my day also. I am from TO, but living with my parents just north of Belleville or Kingston, and the lakes rule up here.

I am confused, office what? I did not see that comercial. what channels are some wakeboard stuff on other then the X games?

BC, I am hoping, it might be a lil cold then, but I would love to find a place that will pull me for a couple hours. if not hit the mountains for some snowboardin
Old    inadrummer            08-28-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
yah it was a fun day in this forum.... and u on belleville lake? and i dont remember the commercial really well, but my teacher always mimmicked it. and i dont know any channels cuz i barely see wakeboarding on tv

[]Deace
~Jesse
Old    a_fire_inside            08-28-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
I live on Vancouver Island and I loveit, have some property on cowichan lake. The moral to the story here is Canada Kickz ASS!
Old    firestormz            08-28-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
no, i am about an hour north of belleville or an hour north of kingston. there are about 5-8 good lakes in the area to ride, some better then others.
Old     (king360720)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2003, 3:45 AM Reply   
i go the thous. islands on the weekends and ride around Wolfe Island in Ontario. Are there any riders around that area who would like to get together for a pull?
Old    krissi            08-29-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
Haha, I was just at kingston on mon-wed
Old    firestormz            08-29-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
at the islands, I have no idea, I just got a boat today, and have been working on it, if it was running I would jet out for the day.

Kingston is alright, i am there alot.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
Calgary, ALberta
WHAT!!!

Brennan
Old    lagwagon            08-29-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
Ontario?? ya I know that place... I'm from Peterborough and my season ended today. I had my last pull, no more wakeboarding till next season. Time to break out the snowboard.
Old    firestormz            08-30-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
where do you normally snowboard Brett?
Old    tribal            08-30-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
Already stopping?Will still wake here in bc for another 2 months then it's time to hit the snow.Be hard pressed to find snow anywhere before that.
Old    a_fire_inside            08-30-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Yeah im gonna be boarding till around oct, then i take a month of rest and build some wakeskates and train on my trampoline, then boarding season begins in dec!
Old    forum25            08-30-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
yea its the end of my season too....i would keep boarding but i am moving away from the lake :-( its a sad sad day! BUT i to am looking forward to the snowboard season....so whos joining me in Whis this winter?
Old    a_fire_inside            08-30-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
hey man even tho ur movin away from the lake on weekends u can take ur boat down to the closest lake and go for it!
Old    forum25            08-30-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
nopes can;lt do that either....i have no car or truck to pull the boat...and its my dads..and i am moving to Halifax for a few months till winter starts up again! BUt i am trying to get the wakeboard scene there going..so i may be there next summer who knows?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-30-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
WHOA!! There are like 5 Canadians on this board. More than I thought.

Tim - You're profile pic is tight man.
Old    a_fire_inside            08-30-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
Well good luck with that Tim, and i agree with Thane Dogg tim that pic is tight!
Old    firestormz            08-31-2003, 1:09 AM Reply   
well i hope that there is wake still out there when I am there if not then I want to surf, been dying to do that for a long time.
Old    forum25            08-31-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
yea i duno if i am going to be out in Hali long? it may justbe till the winter because i dunno if i can stay away from whis for the winter....yea i'm definatly taking up surfing, i found a place in Hali that rents everything out for 40 bucks! amd one of my roommates friends is some surfer doode out there..so maybe she can hook me up?
Old    a_fire_inside            08-31-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
thats wicked i saw this thing on tv about surfers at long beach tofino on the island here and it totally made me wanna go up and give it a try!
Old    krissi            08-31-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
AHHHHH, I went boarding today and I end up coming home sick! :-( It sucks!
Old    a_fire_inside            08-31-2003, 6:06 PM Reply   
well at least u got to go boarding :P i got my wisdom teeth removed on friday, 4 of them, and 2 of em were impacted so they had to be drilled and pulled out piece by piece, i have between 10-15 stiches, but im doing good barely any pain or swelling.
Old    forum25            08-31-2003, 6:23 PM Reply   
afireinside...yea man definatly go out to tofino and try surfing man...i can;t wait to try surfing....anyone form BC ride WHIS at all? or the interior? for snowboarding?
Old    a_fire_inside            08-31-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
i usually board at mt washington on the island since its easy to get to for me, ive never been to WHIS but i soooo wanna go one day :-(
Old    extremegreen            08-31-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
Hey - the smoke is clearing in Kelowna. The forest fires are still burning but almost contained. It was pretty close for a week or so - 250 homes lost but the community pulled together. At one time there was almost 30,000 people either on notice or evacuated from a city of 100,000. Some friends lost their homes, others came close but the firemen, forest fire fighters, police, volunteers and everybody else involved made a super human effort and prevented a major catastrope. While we've still got fires burning within sight of the city it's not as bad as last week when people had to leave their homes without notice.
No rain predicted for a week at least (when was the last time you heard a wakeboarder hoping for rain?) but at least we'll get some riding in without choking on ash. All hiking and biking trails are closed - $10,000 fine with 6 months in jail (one of the other major fires in Kamloops was caused by a cigarette) so not much else going on until winter.
As I've been let go from my job (my bad attitiude came back to haunt me) I'll have lots of time to work on that w2w 180 on the wakeskate.
Old    a_fire_inside            08-31-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
glad to hear the good news aboutthe fires , sorry bout ur job but hey u get to board at least ;), good luck with everything!
Old    forum25            09-01-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
yea i am very glad to hear about the fires! I hope the w2w 180s work out for ya..i just started skating 2 mothns ago i think and and got my w2w dialed! i'm pretty stoked on that!
Old    krissi            09-01-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
My sister had six wisdom teeth, and when she got home she couldn't talk at all, she had to write everything down.
I could have gone boarding today but because I am sick I can't, and I didn't get that much boarding in yesterday.
Old    a_fire_inside            09-01-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
ouch 6 thats insane, well its 3 days after my surgery and my swelling is barely there even tho i had little so i think i got lucky, which emans i can go boaridng this weekend !!!!!!!!!!
Old    tribal            09-01-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Anyone here from the kamloops area?Thinking of hauling the boat up next weekend wondering what the fire situation is like now.
Old    a_fire_inside            09-01-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
i saw soem on the news afew days ago and the fire seemed to be moving closer to some parts of kamloops and away from others, cant be to certain which areas but its most likely gonna be sealed off anyway, jsut incase check some news reports or park information.
Old    feere2084            09-01-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
make that a 6th canada iam from burlington ontario, but like to wakeboard just past Peterborough (lakefied on clear lake) anyone know where i can get a good used wakeboard boat for not that much money
Old    forum25            09-01-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
jamie-i'm lookin for a good used wakeboard boat for cheap myself..its hard but there has been some whicked deals as of late!
Old    firestormz            09-01-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
I am like 45 min from lakefield, its nice over there.

and I got 6 teeth pulled 2 mondays ago, 4 wisdom and then 2 other that were stuck with them. so 1 hour surgery ended up taking 2 hours, they said they just did not want to come out. I got to ride the sat before that.

Krissi- that sucks about being sick, i did not go boarding on sunday cuz I was sick also, but from something else. dam booze.
Old    feere2084            09-02-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
jason R , what lake are u from and town,

"go big or go home"
Old    firestormz            09-02-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
ok, very very small towns, I live between Northbrook and Cloyne. You will prob know Mazinaw lake or Bon echo Provincal park. I ride that lake, and also big gull lake.

my boat is going to the shop tomorrow to get looked at, i scored an older boat with an 85 on it, better then nothing.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-04-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
I'm from Toronto but I have a cottage on Lower Buckhorn Lake near Lakefield. I ride quite a few of the lakes around the kawarthas.
Old    firestormz            09-04-2003, 9:21 PM Reply   
right on, i know where that is. i might need a thrid soon, before it gets to cold, and then I amg oing to be in TO in jan for more school, so back to the city
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-16-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Coming at you representing myself and 16:12 wakeboarding from Edmonton and Lakeland County Alberta
Old    sotter12            09-17-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
well i guess I am as close to an eskimo as your going to get. Living in Fort Mcmurray AB.
we got a small but growing wake scene up here. But the riding season is pretty much done for us.
we had snow on the ground monday.
time to prime the snowboard
Old    tribal            09-17-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Good to hear the stoke spreads that far north.
Old    tribal            09-18-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Went for a session yesterday.Fresh snow in the mountains above me and a high of 15C,felt like winter.Still managed to ride in just the shorty as the water was warmer than the air[not much]Supposed to get warm again this weekend,let's hope so this is the coldest sept ever
Old    krissi            09-18-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
15C is cold? lol
Old    tribal            09-18-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
It is for the west coast.It could be the same temp at that lake in the mid of Jan.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-18-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
Damn freezing temperatures over night, the boat is out and winterized a few too many weeks early. I rode on Sunday and am already going into withdrawl. I might have to go South for a few days this winter, either way it's going to be a long one....
Old    forum25            09-19-2003, 5:33 AM Reply   
yea my season ended at the beginning of Sept,,,i am going thro withdrawl for sure..i need to get riding!
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
I have prolly this weekend and then that's it. The water is cold and moral is down, but hey, winter is long.
Old    krissi            09-19-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hmm, I normally go till the end of sept. Some times even in october if we're lucky
Old    alter_ego            09-26-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
hey kids - ontario here - ride in bala (muskoka). i really need to find more people to ride with
Old    krissi            09-26-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
I go down to muskoka like once a year. I used to go more but my uncle dosen't live there anymore.
Old    alter_ego            09-26-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
well if you can make it down - i've got a boat for you to ride behind