Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-18-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
So I'm riding sunday and having a good time when I throw a crow and land a little tail heavy, so I drag my back hand to stabilize and stand back up, bad landing but I stood back up and rode away fine. I knew my shoulder felt weird but I tried to grab the handle with my left arm but it would not move. I look over at my shoulder and it was very much dislocated. I tried to reach through the handle and pull on my wrist but it wouldn't pop back in. Let go of the handle, sank in the water and gave it another tug, this time it went back in. It really didn't hurt at first, I even tried to ride again after the boat came back around but my arm was too weak to pull the handle so I just got back in the boat and called it a day. (this is my first shoulder dislocation)
A friend of mine gave me an MRI and the result showed a torn labrum. I work around Orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists so I ask everyone what I should do and I am getting alot of mixed advise. Some say do surgery now, and some say wait and see if it continues to dislocate. It really doesn't hurt that bad other than in the morning.

So with all that being said has anyone ever had this happen and if so what did you do.