Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-25-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
how come no one ever talks about byerly? they have sick boards and the new blunt just seems like an amazing board backed up by one of the sickest teams.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-26-2011, 3:39 AM Reply   
because they dont make a great cable board and most of us are cable rats
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-26-2011, 4:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musgrove View Post
how come no one ever talks about byerly? they have sick boards and the new blunt just seems like an amazing board backed up by one of the sickest teams.
This is a really good question. I am struggling for a good answer. Since I don't have one I should shut it... but I have a theory at the very least.

Maybe it's that some of the Byerly attempts have been total wiffs, like that bat-tail thing a few years ago. I think a lot of people said... ooooookkkkkk. What the hell? And then never looked back. And we should have.

They don't deserve that sort of lens now. I'm with you that the Byerly brand should be poppin' off right now. There is still time. GN - you reading this? We're with you Bud.

Elevate Byerly - max thrusters.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 02-26-2011 at 4:09 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-26-2011, 5:36 AM Reply   
I think it may have something to do with Rathy being hurt for most of last season. When the Conspiracy was first introduced, which coincided with Rathy landing a bunch of hammers, and there were plenty of Rathy/Byerly threads. Now that he is getting healthy, I suspect more talk about Byerly boards in the coming months.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-26-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
the blunt is a great cable board look on alliance some guy goin huge at a cable park and wats up with rathy? leg problems?
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-26-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-26-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
Yeah Rathy and Davies are both out with Knee injurys shouldnt be long now till we see them riding again
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-26-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
And Byerly is legit.. I ride the conspiracy.. Has held up good!
Old    mojo            02-26-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
Butch shapes lots of boards , including the b side. He seems to have a Redmondesque style, but I have actually liked all byerly pro models , even the weird one from 05 or whatever. Byerly boards are legit
Old    Lmyers1            02-28-2011, 11:35 PM Reply   
I enjoyed my time on the first gen Monarch and think I'm going for the Conspiracy this season. Still rockin my Byerly Pros as well. Great product, great people behind it. Go to your local shop and try one out
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       02-28-2011, 11:42 PM Reply   
graphics appeal to a certain crowd and alot of the boards sit pretty deep in the water and are slow on edge...didnt sale to many of them last summer
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-01-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Well after a long time of deciding between boards from every company I really like the byerly boards. I can't decide between the blunt or conspiracy but the b-side from hyperlite is shaped by butch so its a choice to
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-01-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that byerly is part of hyperlite. I ride an assault at the cable and it has held up better than any waston! Byerly is legit.
Old    mojo            03-01-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
Byerly is co owned by byerly, butch, and Kent watersports. B side is the bees knees if you don't mind the worst graphic of all time.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
because they dont make a great cable board and most of us are cable rats
Uh, since when?
Byerly makes great cable boards, and there are a ton of boat riders on Wakeworld.
I personally am not interested in Byerly boards just because of the graphics. They just really dont appeal to me. Not into the whole tribal, skulls, tattoo graphic deal. Awesome boards, Butch knows whats up, great team, but just not my style.
Old     (Shredable11)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-01-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
What boots is he wearing with those new bindings? I dont think i have ever seen those before...
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
http://"http://hyperlite.com/PRODUCT...-bindings-all"
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-01-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
YEA zach its like he took the webb boots and colored them with a sharpie lol. but which board do u guys think tracks the best but isnt super slick...b-side....conspiracy....blunt
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-01-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
hey guys i have ridden the conspiracy and monarch for about a year each and have spent a couple sets on the new b-side so here's my take, hope it helps.

the conspiracy is faster than average, not the fastest out there, is slightly on the grippy side for a board with molded fins (really sick for air tricks though), but extremely stiff pop off the wake. could be the wide profile helping out here but its really pretty fierce. also its plenty durable for the cable. last year i rode it at owc, rixen, tsr, but mostly at wakenation cincy, and it is still in excellent riding shape. sure there are tons of scratches on the bottom, but the board and fins are still structurally sound.

the monarch is also a dope board, especially now for the price. its speed is pretty avgerage, maybe a tad slower than the conspiracy, really explosive off the wake, maybe even a touch harder than the conspiracy. this is definitely looser than the conspiracy and overall a pretty loose, snowboardy feel. however, this board doesnt have the fiberglass edges or ABS fins so i wouldnt recommend it for the cable. still a sick ride though.

only had a couple sets on the new b-side, but from what I can tell it rides very much like a faster monarch which sounds amazing. smaller molded fins with offset from the tail release very quick off the wake and the pop is strong but maybe a little smoother and less abrupt than monarch or conspiracy. this board does have the ABS fins so it is for sure a cable-friendly board. I cant wait to get some more time on this board it has the potential to be incredible!

This is all my humble opinion, check these board out and ride them for yourself but hopefully this gave you a good place to start.
Old     (Shredable11)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-07-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Thanks Hunter, I could not figure out What bindings they were lol. They looked really short too, i thought maybe he was just wearing some high tops or something.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
....... combination reef byerly hightops and bindings..... haha.
Old     (jpods22)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
just won the Byerly pro boots 2010 on ebay .....$140 no reserve! Cant wait to try them.