Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-19-2006, 11:54 PM Reply   
yo anybody wakeboarding today cause il be on the river wit my friend trying out the new tower u guys can stop by my dock if u see me out there
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-20-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
Hi Everyone....just a quick update on the Wakefest event. Alex visited one of our sponsors this moring and they have stepped up to the plate big time. Island Surf & Sail on Long Beach Island has donated a PA System & Generator to use for our event!! It is soooo sweet.
Jeff...no worries, you will have a state of the art PA system to do the job you do so well.
OK that's all for now! I thought I'd let the crew know since Alex doesn't log back on here until Sunday night.
Doreen
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Doreen, that's great! Props to Island surf and sail for the donated equipment! We could use it!

I met Barbara at the B-town police station, she said she would talk to the powers-that-be and try to have someone at the boat launch June 3rd to issue ramp passes.

Looks like we have all the bases covered for June 3rd. Hope to see alot of you riders then!

Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
That is great news Doreen!!! Alex gets the vote for Jersey Wakefest -06 ~~~~ MVP!

Dave that would be great if the township could do that for us..
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
So this weekend was definately not wakeboarding weather with winds gusting 20-30mph and the temps in the low 60's! However, the end of this week, and what's more NEXT WEEK is looking very promising for our wake event. Which is by the way in 12 days and counting! Where are you at Jeff Z?

Sunday we all headed to Alex's for the installation of the BM5k. Michele, Doreen, Karen (Kevin's wife), Alex, Connor, KG and I were all there. We even got Alex's porch floor painted. I must give some very well-earned props to Kevin, who did an outstanding job on that box and speaker install! It sounded really awesome and will provide Alex and the crew long hours of blasting beats! KG does some incredible work.

And Alex gave Michele some guitar lessons. They were rockin' it out with new notes, pretty soon Michele will be playing all kinds of songs, I can see it.

Anyone boarding this week on the river? We are going either today (if the wind dies down) or possibly Weds. I have to iron out all of my kinks!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Annette & I are going to the river on Sunday in the AM , who’s up????
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-22-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Wish I could join you Brian, but we're heading down to Maryland for memorial day weekend, hoping to find some warm (and smooth)water! Could this be Kyle's first time on his new board?
Stay tuned :-)

Have a good time this weekend everyone!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-22-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
yeah guys i walk in my back yard to check the river and theres 3 foot rollers i dont think there will be any boarding this week on the river
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Gerald an i went out yesterday on the tristar just for fun and to try out the new tower. it wasnt even wakeboarding but roller jumping which should be a new sport. but here a pic of the tristar sporting the its new tower, if you look at the river you can see the white caps

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/findingelo/untitled.jpg

haha i have no clue how to post pictures
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-22-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Eustace: If you are willing to give me a pull I would like to go out, but I have to figure out my schedule and if I can get down by you.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-23-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
You also Dave,, have a good trip. Kyle your going to do great have fun with that new board.

No problem Justin H, we are looking to launch out of Trenton around 10:30, can you make it?
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
hey dave were in maryland do you plan on going? theres alot of cool board shops and awsome rivers off the bay that are usually flat. o and watch out for snakes
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-23-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Elo, nice tower! You'll get some good use out of that this year.

We're hitting the Chester river near Chestertown. Pretty flat most of the time, and the website says the water temp is 68!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-24-2006, 5:18 AM Reply   
hey kg-
are you going to be in avalon this weekend?

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
So you all should be receiving a funny email from me regarding my cellphone.

Yesterday we went out on the river, conditions weren't stellar from 6-7:30 but after that the wind calmed down and Michele and her dad got in a set with some good water.

I had an ugly attempt at a 3 and got that face slap that curls your eyelids, fun stuff! Michele was charging the wake hard and eating bugs at the same time! And Pops Lef was all about the surface tricks. He even threw in a slalom run. Hopefully with the warm weather coming up the water temp will rise, because it's chilly. But tolerable!

What is everyone's plans for the holiday weekend? (besides Dave because I know he'll be in Maryland) And so will Michele and I. We're going camping in Assateague, Maryland with some friends of ours.

It's going to be a great weekend to be boarding so enjoy it all who go out and be safe!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
il be boarding all weekend so every one should stop by my dock cause il be having a bbq and hopefully im gonna have my slider built so theres gonna be stuff to session
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Have a great time this weekend Justin and Michele.

I have not heard back from Justin H about Sunday, anyone else up for going; Alex, Doreen, Connor, Russ, Woody, George, Anyone???
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
yeah Jersey Riders!

We're 10 days out from the greatest wakeboarding event in the history of New Jersey!

As for the holiday weekend, I'm packing the family in the minivan in about 15 minutes and driving 900 miles to Georgia for the Masters Wakeboard Tournament. A nice little working vacation. Unfortunately I will not get to do any boarding. I can't believe that the next time I'll ride will be on June 3rd! My game is way off!

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

JB
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-24-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Eustace - I sent you an email. I'm in for Sunday.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Doug, YGM!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-24-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
JB,

Wow, the Masters sounds like my kind of vacation.

How about a pull friday June 2nd? I'm not working that day, and I don't need all day to prepare for wakefest. Let me know if you're interested. Consider it a pre-wakefest session.
Anyone else in the crew want a pull then?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-24-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
First, huge public "Thank Yous" to Kevin (and Karen) for coming to 60 Sylvia last Sunday for the final
installation of The Blast Master 5000. Kevin took the BM5k from an intangible concept inside his head, to
an incredible speaker box hanging from the tower of The Super Air. From soup to nuts, Kevin did an amazing job.
Here it is up and running (but before Kevin snapped-on the individual speaker grill covers).
Upload
I can't wait to blast the Hell out of Turtle Cove with this thing!

Brian: Thanks for the invite, but I think Doreen and I will be taking The Super Air and the BM5k out to
Turtle Cove on Sunday. But if our plans change I'll give you a ring. Or if you feel like coming to Manahawkin
for some salt water cuttin' and slashin' just let me know.

Sorry to hear about your cell phone Justin. I guess it's better your cell phone than your wallet.
I've had my cell phone dance along the gunwale a few times, but it never went totally over the side.

I hope you're practicing your lessons Michele. There WILL be a progress check on June 3rd!

I wonder if Pops Lef has picked-up my trailer and straightened-out my brake woes yet. I guess I'll find
out in about 22 hours...

Hey Dave! I thought you were talking about coming to Manahawkin on June 2 to help me pull the Super Air
out of the water? Oh man. Oh man. I lost my help the the June 2nd Minifest! It's ok though. I think Justin
and Michele offered to come over and help too.

As Doreen posted, Island Surf & Sail is contributing to the June 3rd wakefest by loaning me their
PA and generator. They use this PA and generator for kiteboarding demos on the beach, and owner Terry says
it's really loud. Well, we don't need it to go really loud, but it's the perfect PA for our event.
And can you believe it? As JB said, our event is only about 10 days away. It's really coming down to the
wire folks. I'm psyched. It's going to be an amazing day. A day like no other New Jersey has seen.
I contacted News 12 New Jersey to send a camera crew, but I haven't heard back from them.

JB's going to Georgia this weekend for The Masters. What do you think folks? Will he be subtley
sreading the word about next weekend's New Jersey Wakefest??

Finally, this is Memorial Day Weekend. On the Sunday of last year's Memorial Day Weekend Mark Johnson
came over and we spent the day tearing-up Turtle Cove. We hadn't gotten together since the previous
summer and it was good to reconnect and hang-out again. How could I have known that he'd be gone four months
later? Here's Mark on The Super Air, heading out to Turtle Cove, Memorial Day Weekend 2005.
Upload

Well, enjoy the long Memorial Day Weekend all, and if anyone wants to come to hit Turtle Cove and check-out
the new BM5k, just give me a call.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Alex, Oops! I can still help you out with pulling your boat next friday, I just didn't hear back from you and it honestly slipped my mind! (A mind is a terrible thing.............

......to waste.) Anyway, let me know if you still need me for friday.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I checked in. I have been running myself in circles this year and I'm looking forward to July and August when I can relax and enjoy some weekends on the water. Since January I have finished my addition on my house, totally gutted and remodeled my main bathroom,and now gutted my kitchen. I haven't had a good meal in 2 weeks.I finished hanging sheet rock yesterday and plan on taking the next 2 days off to get my boat ready. I hope to hit the Mullica river Saturday for my first run of the year.

As for my knee . Tomorrow will be my 3rd synthetic injection and they say after 3 but before the 5th one I should feel some relief. The problem is that with the bad knee and taking it easy for 3 months my knee is weak and I'm very out of shape.

As for the June 3rd wakefest, I'll be there. I'm gonna bring my boat and anchor up so my family and my wife's friend and her son can hang out and watch. So I'll wind up catching a pull from maybe Dave or someone else in the group.

I'll need directions from someone to the Bordentown ramp. What time is most the group plan on dropping in on next Saturday?

Justin: Sorry for the lose of your phone, but the vision in my head of you on the board with the phone ringing in your pocket makes me laugh.

Brian I would have liked to come out on Sunday and finally meet you, but with the kitchen project on going and my 1st pull of the year on Saturday, I think I'll be way to sore to go again the next day. I'm looking forward to finally meeting in person next weekend.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
Jim,

Sounds like you've been real busy with the house.
Good for you, it's the best investment you can put your money into.

June 3rd, some of us will be there setting things up starting at 7am. (Me, Alex,and others)
The event begins at 10am. I'll be glad to give you a pull sometime during the day, most likely before or after the main event. Maybe you and/or your family would be willing to help do some grilling?

Directions:
Take I-295 north to exit 57
Take route 130 north to Farnsworth ave. (1st light)
Turn left onto Farnsworth ave. and go through town to stop sign.
Turn left at stop sign and proceed straight to boat launch. (Go under RR bridge)

See you there!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
What is the agenda for the event? Are we hanging out at the boat ramp for a while then putting the boats in? Can you see the riding area from the ramp? Since I work at night I will try to get there as early as I can.But 7am might be a little to early for me. More like 7:30 or 8
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-26-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Nothing to say. Just wanted to get the # of posts off 666
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-26-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Dave, we are shooting to get down that way around 8:30 or so, will we be in the way at all if we launch then? Wanted to try and beet the rush of boats being put in at 10. Also, if you need an extra couple sets of hands I can see about rallying the troops a little earlier on and get down there! Let me know, going to the lake after work to finish the dock tonight and drop the boat in for the season maiden voyage runs tomorrow. I smell a wake surf session tomorrow evening!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Jim, I most likely won't put my boat in right away, as I want to set things up first. No need for you to come early (unless you want to), but you should try to beat the crowd. I'd say 8-8:30 would be smart. I'll try to give you a pull before the event if time allows.

Gavin, same for you. Keep in mind if you guys want to ride, the water is always best early.

Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
hey, has anyone been to island surf and sail lately? i need to get some gear and wanted to know if they have alot of stuff and what there hours were. i would go to liquid sports specialits in pennsauken nj but they have seem to dissapeared...its probally the bermuda triangle expanding or something. but any word on either place would be great.

last, is anybody going out this weekend? its always funner when theirs other people out to ride with.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Eustace, Jim & Alex,
Please send me mobile numbers for my buddy and I are arriving thursday evening. Maybe a pull Friday morning/afternoon,evening per chance. --Jeff
jeffrey.zukowski@state.ma.us
jeffreyzukowski888@hotmail.co
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Finally got out the boat out for the first time this year. We were boarding around Bordentown Ramp. We saw Eustace(Brian) out there also today. Water temps were about 65 by next weekend they should be pushing 70.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-29-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Jeff, Eustace, Jim, Alex

I might be arriving late Thursday or early Friday so can I join in on that pull?
kelly.jy.lee@gmail.com
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Saturday on the Delaware was great, the water temp is coming up nicely and minimal winds made for some nice water. Had a chance to meet Justin H, do a little riding and talk about every thing from frozen Wisconsin lakes too having your lunch pilfered. It was also good to see George and the crew fine-tuning their skills for next week’s festival.

A few pics from Saturday: Annette, Justin H, and our ever-faithful spotter Lou.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Jim, that is cool you are bringing the boat and the family down to take part! Looking forward to meeting you next week.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Anybody have the information about where to get the ramp passes? I know I saw it on here but can not seem to find it. We are going to trailer our boat up to Bordentown, It seems like the event is going to be on water and off.
Old     (brett_l)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
My boss told me about a flier he saw at a skate shop for June 3 so I checked out google and found this thread. I can't believe there is a wake scene in NJ..
So does anyone wakeskate or is everyone stictly straps only.. me and some friends have been wakeskating in the Mullica for the past four years, we have some rails and boxes and stuff.
Are there going to be any sliders or anything June 3rd?Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-30-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Hey Brett,
Where do you ride on the Mullica? Thats where I ride. Or try cause I suck. I was out there Saturday afternoon. Usually I ride on the other side of the Lower Bank bridge but sometimes I ride right after ski beach. I bet that flier you saw was the one I put up in Bad Boy Skate shop in Marlton. We should get together this summer and ride sometime.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Well folks our wakefest is only 4 days away! I have Friday off! It sounds like everyone's Memorial Day Weekend was great, the weather was awesome! We had a good time camping, but certainly thought about wakeboarding all weekend!

Eustace, i love that pic of your pug! Too funny!

Michele and I are riding tonight after work behind the Super Air Antique.. I know the water temp has gotten warmer, we were riding in it at 59, it's got to be near 65 now.

Brett, that's awesome you saw that flyer! We all mostly board, but I am looking forward to wakeskating for the first time this summer. Something different to try. I like that you have some rails and boxes up, good stuff! There won't be any rails/boxes/sliders at the event because it's a tidal river, and you can't put up anything permanent there. However I do believe Gerald Lally has some sort of slider down by his dock towards the Florence area. You'd have to talk to him about that.
Old     (brett_l)      Join Date: May 2006       05-30-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Jim,
If you're out by Lower Bank I'm sure you have seen us. We actually ride in a little secret spot on the other side of the bridge that I can't reveal.. haha nah it's just too narrow and shallow for a boat, we have a sea doo wake edition pwc. I haven't rode behind a boat in a few years so we should ride sometime if you wouldn't mind giving us a pull.. or if you want to try out our box we could give you a pull. Here's a link to a vid of our riding spot if you feel like checking it out..

http://www.wakeskating.com/media/showphoto.php?photo=2005&cat=503
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Yo ppl,
Weekend was awesome!!! Karen and I got to meet Doug Fleischmann and even do a little boarding. In fact we had some of the best condictions imaginable. Both Sat and Sun we were either the only boat or 1 of 2 or 3 boats. Completely glassy and warm, 59-65 degrees and were talking ocean water here! It was heaven I'm tellin ya. It was also a nice discovery to find out the Dough can RIP!!!. Nearly landed several HS backrolls, a couple of 3's and a slew of W2W's with grabs and tweaks, was a great display of skills.
Boat ran perfect, not a single complaint.

Looking forward to June 3, Micah will be in town and we'll all get to finally meet each other!

Brett,
I have been doing a little wakeskating since 2003, very fun only my water condictions don't always allow for a quality ride, so I don't do it as often as I would like! I tried this past weekend right around sunset, but the harbor master was making his presence known that it was time to go in.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-30-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Brett, that video was great. I will keep my eyes open for you on the water. We have to get together sometime down there. I'm not good enough yet for a slider but I bet if I brought Justin Newman with me he would do it. By the looks of the video I know your not in condom cove. I saw the water tower in the distance so you must be over by hog island. Are you going to check out the wakefest this Saturday?
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
glad to hear everybody got some good riding in over the weekend. i'm hoping to meet up with some people from the list for a bordentown set on friday afternoon/night, before the event. anybody going out? Brian? anybody new want to meet up? if there is already a boat organized, can I bum a pull?

thanks in advance
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
representing south jersey in NJ wakeboarding

Upload
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Well, I injured myself yesterday! And it wasn't even wakeboard related. ((but I did have a bad fall that hurt my ankles for a bit, but they held up nicely)) I stepped down off the seat cushion after getting a board down from the rack and my pinky toe got caught on the beading, pulled the opposite direction and I believe it is broken. It swelled up and it's all black-n-blue! What a dope I am!!

But that didn't stop us from having a great time last night on the river. The water was 70-72 and flat! We all got 2 sets in, Michele got a quick 3rd in the dusk hour. There is absolutely nothing better than leaving work and getting out on the water for a few sets! (i'll post pics tonight) Michele was getting some good pop too! I love this!

As for Friday, I believe Alex needs some help loading some stuff but we may be able to go out sometime during the day, perhaps in Michele's boat or if anyone else is going out. I'm meeting up with Jeff Z and his friend for some beers and some riding on Friday, time is TBA. Anyone else planning on riding sometime Friday?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
Somebody ask Jeff Z how many more days till the event. He stopped telling and I lost track
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
I’m home bound Friday night, lots of prep work and an early rise for Saturday. But you guys are welcome to swing by for a brew.

As another note, I finished installing the hot tub last week. What a way to finish a day of riding!

Jeff Z, How many days?

(Message edited by eustace on May 31, 2006)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-31-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
My mind is in over drive, All I know is that the NWS is expecting another 4-6" of rain in southern New England and it better stay in New England,

With that said, I'll be leaving tomorrow about 6pm making my entrance approx. 12-1230ish Trenton time.

Justin, I'll give you a buzz tomorrow afternoon.
2days & 20 hours to be exact!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Wow!! A plane exploded and crashed in Manahawkin really close to my house! I hope no debris fell onto
the Super Air!! This is really scary. Check this out.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060531/NEWS/60531005
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
Alex,
I just saw that on the news.....they said the plane's wing fell into a lagoon, but I didn't see any SANTE near it. :-)

Friday I'll be prepping for saturday, plus they are calling for t-storms/showers on friday.
But the good news is it should be cleared-out for saturday. :-) :-) :-)

Charles, Jeff Z, Justin I'll let you know if I do go out friday, but it's a slim chance at best.

(Charles, nice air by the way!)
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Last weekend I got up on the board for the first time..

Cant wait until June 3rd. Only 3 days away!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Way to go Kyle!

Well I installed my tower speakers on Saturday morning then headed down the Mullica for my first day on the water. Boat runs good and the speakers are loud. Just the way I like them.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
I was out in Turtle Cove on Monday and saw some guys wakeskating behind a Mastercraft ski boat.
I waited until they were changing riders and I pulled up to them to tell them about the June 3 event.
But they already knew about it! They said they saw it online somewhere! The word is definitely out there!

I'll be at 60 Sylvia by 10:00pm Thursday night, and I'll be working on the event all day Friday. If Justin
and crew come over around noon to help me get the boat out of the water, I'm going to take them for
a quick pull or two as compensation for the assistance. Otherwise Diamond Dave is going to come over
in the morning to help me take the Super Air out of the water. Master mechanic Pops Lef has said he should
have the Super Air's trailer brakes replaced by Thursday afternoon. A thousand thanks yous to Pops Lef
for all of his materful help with the trailer.

KG, Karen and Micah may be stopping at 60 Sylvia Friday night around 6:30/7:00pm for a little pre event
nip of the hooch, but it's contingent upon how they're feeling by the time they're rolling past exit 63.

Well, it's 12:30am Thrsday night and I still have a ton of things to do before I can hit the hay.
Since this will probably be my last post before the event, pretty much the only thing I can say is
"See you there!"

If anyone needs me, call my cell.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-01-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
We are shooting to get there between 8 and 8:30 with three or 4 riders initially (so if anyone wants to jump in you are welcome). My wife and daughter are going to get there a little later, probably 10:30 or so (I think I may have the youngest participant of the event in my boat, my 13 month old daughter will be there showing her support) so I will have some room until then. Can't wait, got the ballast all re-plummed last night and am good to go! See you all there
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
IT'S TIME FOR ROLL CALL.....
Who's all coming and what time do you plan on arriving? I'll be there solo around 7:45.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Karen, Micah & I round 8am
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-01-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
We plan to be there around 8:30 with our Prostar 205 not a v-drive but it works. Wife and 2 kids(11 tear old twins) and 2 friends.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-01-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
PARKS BONIFAY COMING TO JERSEY RIDERS WAKEFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Due to a scheduling conflict, Rusty Malinoski had to cancel his trip to Jersey and is instead going out to a MasterCraft sponsored contest in Missouri.
But before anyone could start bumming, another HUGE name in wakeboarding is taking his place! Parks Bonifay, among the greatest wakeboarders in the history of both time and space, will be joining us for our wake extraveganza!

Already scheduled to be there as well is hugely talented Brett Eisenhauer, who will be doing several demo rides throughout the day. Both will be available for an autograph signing session during the day!

Also coming will be Matt Hickman, Editor of WakeBoarding Magazine.
This is getting bigtime, folks! Aw yeah!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
This is gonna be bitchin!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'll see you all in the am...Hail and t/s in Central MA, and ongoing
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
ahhhhh!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
One door closes and another one opens. Loosing Rusty at the last minute like this definitely sucks,
but picking-up Parks in a pinch to fill the void is freakin' amazing! I am SO psyched!!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
this is too damn cool!! michele and I are so stoked!!!! i was looking forward to meeting rusty but having parks there is just as awesome!! great job JB!! we're stoked to see brett ride!! this is going to be a stellar event

michele and I will be there around 7:30. maybe earlier to get in a few sets..we'll see

(Message edited by newmy79 on June 01, 2006)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Kyle and myself will be there around 7-7:30am.

Setting-up the area, launching the MC and hopefully have enough time for some pulls!

Parks Bonifay......very cool!
His mom was (is) the greatest female show skier of all time!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-01-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
I will be rolling in solo around 7:30 with to rest of my crew getting in at 10.

Parks in attendance,, TOO COOL!!!!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Parks in New Jersey! That is way way to cool.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-01-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
I have pictures of Connor and Parks at the X-Games 4 years ago. How little Connor is in the pictures. That was the first time we saw Parks ride in person and it was amazing! He's very down to earth and we will all have a great time with both Pro riders in attendence. Everyone bring your sharpies!!

Alex, Connor, Ryan(my older son), his GF Kaitlyn, and myself will be arriving around 6:00am on Saturday. Don't want to put a damper on the site, but I think we're going to have alot of cleanup work with all the rain that was just dumped on us.

See everyone there!!
Old    mastercraft17            06-01-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
What time will be a good time to get there on saturday?????????
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Chris: I would get there by 8:30

I work about 1 mile away from the river. Right now the storms that are passing through are not good for the river in anyway at all. Now I heard more are coming Friday and Saturday. I hope they are wrong.

(Message edited by jim_b on June 01, 2006)
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-01-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
so fare the river is ok ive been going in my back yard and checking it so if the winds dont pick up we should be fine and saturday the winds r only gonna be 8 to 10 so we should be fine
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-02-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
Chris, I checked your sig and it says you are from Frenchtown and ride lake wally, I am in Flemington and usually store my boat on lake wally. If you ever need a third on the river one night let me know, I can come after work with gas money. If you are coming tomorrow stop by and say hi, I will have the 24' Tige.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
I don't want to say it but the weather isn't looking so good for you know when.Whats our foul weather plan?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Look what I found.Upload
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-02-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
That's a funny shot!
Dano the Mano and I had a ball with that event announcing.
But more importantly, we're all going to be rocking the Delaware by this time tomorrow! Years in the making, carefully crafted, and now it's almost here. Nice work to all and I can't wait for tomorrow!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-02-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
well the river is looking flatter than it has all week so hopefully tomarrow it will be the same way rain or shine il be there
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
People, if there's any lingering rain in the morning, don't let that stop you! We'll be riding right after the rain. (It looked like rain all day today, but not a drop)

Gerald, you're right the river was butter today, but I didn't have any extra time to take a ride.
(Wish I did)

This overcast weather should work to our benefit, keeping all the other boaters off the river.

14 1/2 hours and counting!!!
Old    mastercraft17            06-02-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
i'll be there at 10 riding and kicking the music rain or shine....lighning maybe not.....Yeah gavin definitely.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-02-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
If we get real heavy rains like they are calling for is this still on? I know it did not rain much today but tonight is when they are calling for the worst of it. I saw anywhere from 1/2" to 2" of rain tonight.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-02-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
George??? Shhhhhhh!! Do not say the rain word for tomorrow. I'll do the sun dance for eveyone OK?

Alright, that's it...I am out of here, heading south. See everyone tomorrow morning. If anyone needs us for anything call Alex's cell!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-02-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
guys this aint looking to good with the rain but the good thing is the river is still flat
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-02-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
guys this aint looking to good with the rain but the good thing is the river is still flat