Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-15-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...ns-live/64246/

Legs blown off? Not much clear info yet.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-15-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
Just awful!!!

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/1...blasts-police/
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-15-2013, 3:43 PM Reply   
Just terrible.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-15-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
That's horrible! Some crazy ass people out there, goes to show that when someone wants to harm people they don't always need guns to do so.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
Very sad. Very horrible. Just families, friends & fans watching loved ones finish the race. Me and my boys in 2004:
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-16-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
The story of the 8 yo kind and his little sister and mom is killing me. Can't even imagine what the poor dad is feeling.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
My prayers go out to those families.

It makes me so mad when I watch video of the bombing and a bunch of photographers run up to the fence. NOT TO HELP but to take pictures of those people in their worst moment of their life. Then yahoo post the pictures of people with missing body parts. I couldn't imagine my self running up on people like that and not want to help.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
Unfortunately Blair, those are positions that most news photographers find themselves horribly torn between in events like this. On the one hand, they all do want to help, but on the other hand, since they have the ability to do it, they are the only ones there who can capture the moment for the world. Most of them realize that they don't know what to do to help, so they step away and let more able first responders help while they do their job, as horrible as it is.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-16-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
am I the only one who hopes this was done by a domestic terrorist?
I am just sickened by this. and the fact that this seems to be a somewhat amateurish job, makes it seem worse to me somehow. all of the shrapnel was designed to stay below the waist? wtf? was this some sick plot to just maim and injure runners? I cant even begin to fathom how horrible it must be to be the father of that 8 year old boy, who lost his life, and has a wife and daughter in serious condition from this. such a helpless situation to be in.

I hope they catch the sick bastard/s who were responsible for this heinous crime, and I hope they let the citizens of Boston handle the punishment as they deem fit.
Old     (Live_In_405)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-16-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
My prayers go out to those families.

It makes me so mad when I watch video of the bombing and a bunch of photographers run up to the fence. NOT TO HELP but to take pictures of those people in their worst moment of their life. Then yahoo post the pictures of people with missing body parts. I couldn't imagine my self running up on people like that and not want to help.
As a son of a photojournalist I must assure you that the photographers do not find any joy in that task. As you can imagine, they are constantly faced with very tough situations. However, in today's world, people demand (as sick as it may be) photos/videos of any event, tragic or triumphant. It is also a duty of any photojournalist (a respectable one) to respect the privacy and general space of grieving individuals. As long as they are respectful of that, the families are usually understanding of them doing their job as they are usually the same people who look at similar images on different days when they are not the subject.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
Kyle, you it the nail right on the head.

Anyone on this forum who runs, check this out. http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2...o-runforboston

The form is at the bottom. Looks like a lot of people have been signing the document. It's a great gesture of support.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2013, 7:18 PM Reply   
I really do under stand, the guy that Espn used and had as an interview with did a great job. He even said he did want to make these people the memory that America thinks about by not focussing in on them. He looked with his eye's first instead of the lens. But in his video it show several guys running up taking pictures and running off like chickens (we all know what I really want to call them). Those guys are the ones I'm talking about and Yahoo for fueling the fire by showing them we all have see enough action moves to have a pretty good idea what it looks like when somebody gets there leg blown off.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
http://i.imgur.com/fCnoO7q.jpg Some NSFW language on this pic but I think we'd all agree......
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-17-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I really do under stand, the guy that Espn used and had as an interview with did a great job. He even said he did want to make these people the memory that America thinks about by not focussing in on them. He looked with his eye's first instead of the lens. But in his video it show several guys running up taking pictures and running off like chickens (we all know what I really want to call them). Those guys are the ones I'm talking about and Yahoo for fueling the fire by showing them we all have see enough action moves to have a pretty good idea what it looks like when somebody gets there leg blown off.
I think what was even worse was the throng of people that made their way to finish area where they pass out marathon jackets and were stealing them by the handful. Just a bunch of random a-holes essentially looting while all attention was directed elsewhere. Disgusting.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-18-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
I think its extremely odd that mainstream media is failing to report on these photos: http://www.naturalnews.com/039977_Th...ntractors.html

Im an anti-conspiracy theorist, but I think there is definitely more than what appears on the surface.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-18-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
"First off, let's get the attacks of the moron trolls out of the way -- people who will say these photos are a "conspiracy theory."

How are photos of actual people at the event a conspiracy theory?

They aren't. In real police work, they're called "evidence," and the people in these photos should be persons of interest.

But they aren't. The entire mainstream media and law enforcement apparatus is now pretending these men don't exist. (Now that's their conspiracy theory!)

We all know, however, that The Craft operatives don't work for free. They aren't a band of volunteers. And that means somebody paid them to be at the event.

Who paid The Craft to be there? And what was their mission?

Why is their existence at the Boston marathon being memory-holed? Why are they not "persons of interest" in the investigation?

Why do they carry radiation detectors? What's in their backpacks? (A ham sandwich?)

The fact that the media refuses to even acknowledge the existence of these private military operatives is quite telling all by itself."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039977_Th...#ixzz2Qr3W8BkR
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-18-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...bing-suspects/

FBI releases photos of 2 suspects; "leaning" towards domestic terrorists.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-18-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
better photos http://imgur.com/a/vP0GZ
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-18-2013, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
I think its extremely odd that mainstream media is failing to report on these photos: http://www.naturalnews.com/039977_Th...ntractors.html

Im an anti-conspiracy theorist, but I think there is definitely more than what appears on the surface.
natural news...

ive done alot of study on their articles for vaccines. Their sources don't check out, the selectively use quotes, and even falsify information. Let alone the fact that their scientific articles read as if they were written for 2 year olds. i see your anti conspiracy theorist but this has to be said: buyer beware that site is absolutely teeming with useless crap.

Last edited by simplej; 04-18-2013 at 4:41 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-18-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
Don't feed the trolls.
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-19-2013, 5:59 AM Reply   
http://livewire.kcra.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon live feed for those who are interested in what is happening right now around Boston due to night shooting.
Old    bigdtx            04-19-2013, 6:56 AM Reply   
LOL - Anytime a post includes a reference to the "mainstream media" you know you're about to go off the rails.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
Scanner - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam
Local "news" - http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon

... update as far as I know right now,
Suspect one has been killed, Suspect 2 is still on the run, police were looking for a grey Honda CRV.... possible 3rd suspect

EDIT - 3rd suspect caught, white male 60-70 years old

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 04-19-2013 at 7:44 AM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-19-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
Haven't heard anything about a third suspect.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
3rd suspect was a 60+ year old white male....

Caught and "disarmed" by 3 of the EOD robots. Scanner made it sound like he had a "device" under his coat and a dead-man switch in his hands.... I haven't heard what has come of it since they cleared him via robot.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-19-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
3rd suspect was a 60+ year old white male....

Caught and "disarmed" by 3 of the EOD robots. Scanner made it sound like he had a "device" under his coat and a dead-man switch in his hands.... I haven't heard what has come of it since they cleared him via robot.
Watched on Tv, coverage on going here considering my proximity to Boston.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
Glad to see they got the other bomber. I am not sure if it is good or bad that they got him alive. Part of me wishes they would of just killed him and got it over with but part of me wants the FBI to find out if this was part of some plan. I am all for torturing the crap out of this POS.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2013, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
"First off, let's get the attacks of the moron trolls out of the way -- people who will say these photos are a "conspiracy theory."

How are photos of actual people at the event a conspiracy theory?

They aren't. In real police work, they're called "evidence," and the people in these photos should be persons of interest.

But they aren't. The entire mainstream media and law enforcement apparatus is now pretending these men don't exist. (Now that's their conspiracy theory!)

We all know, however, that The Craft operatives don't work for free. They aren't a band of volunteers. And that means somebody paid them to be at the event.

Who paid The Craft to be there? And what was their mission?

Why is their existence at the Boston marathon being memory-holed? Why are they not "persons of interest" in the investigation?

Why do they carry radiation detectors? What's in their backpacks? (A ham sandwich?)

The fact that the media refuses to even acknowledge the existence of these private military operatives is quite telling all by itself."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039977_Th...#ixzz2Qr3W8BkR
Yeah, I think I read this same story...It was the story right after this one on bat boy.
Name:  Batboy_Steals_MINI.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  54.3 KB
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-19-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
How shot up is that poor guys boat?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Shawndoggy, real bad. That was a lot of gun fire.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-20-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
And now info coming out that the feds had been watching the older brother for a few years, and had actually interviewed him. Thanks for dropping the ball guys. Good work.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
How shot up is that poor guys boat?
I heard there was a 20 million dollar reward for this guy.... if I was to guess if someone was getting it, it is the guy with the shot up boat.... 20 mil, outta buy a nice new one.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2013, 12:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
And now info coming out that the feds had been watching the older brother for a few years, and had actually interviewed him. Thanks for dropping the ball guys. Good work.
LOL, yeah, totally missed that one broseph, you woulda called it from day one and totally stopped him from being a total wetblanket on everyones week. Thanks Obama.... /sarcasm.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-21-2013, 1:31 AM Reply   
"And now info coming out that the feds had been watching the older brother for a few years"

Forgot to mention that when they were whooping and hollering like they'd just won the world series. "We got Him, we got him" Errr no, despite having every resource of one of the greatest nations the world has ever seen at your disposal, you actually couldn't find him. A homeowner found him in his back yard. Also kinda scary
how the people that are appointed to protect us can so easily suppress us by imposing virtual martial law in a matter of minutes.

I HATE the way cops scream so belligerently at tax paying, law abiding citizens. Always done with such a bullying attitude. All for our own good of course because we are all idiots who need to be corralled.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-21-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
Forgot to mention that when they were whooping and hollering like they'd just won the world series. "We got Him, we got him" Errr no, despite having every resource of one of the greatest nations the world has ever seen at your disposal, you actually couldn't find him. A homeowner found him in his back yard.

I am with you Chris. On CSI they catch the bad guy in an hour and nobody gets hurt.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2013, 10:01 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=xistential;1817828]Also kinda scary
how the people that are appointed to protect us can so easily suppress us by imposing virtual martial law in a matter of minutes.
/QUOTE]

Yeah, martial law didn't work... If you did something like these chickenchit arseholes (and were severely injured from a firefight the night before (and possibly emotionally damaged after running over your batchit crazy brother with a car)), would you prefer that life went on as normal and tons of people were moving around the city? Or would you like to try to escape an area that now has 20K cops, ready to shoot you on site, and NO ONE is outside?

Just a guess, but if they started killing more people and/or bombing MIT, would you also blame the cops for not "doing enough" to contain these nimrods?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just a guess, but if they started killing more people and/or bombing MIT, would you also blame the cops for not "doing enough" to contain these nimrods?
Bingo.

Most people claiming that people's rights were broken / martial law was enacted is assuming police / swat were forcefully entering... I haven't seen anything that looks like police kicking down doors. They were walking up, knocking, speaking to the residents, and then entering... my guess is they had permission from the owners. If an owner would have said "NO!" I bet that house gets surrounded, they wait 20 seconds for the warrant to be granted, then go in. I bet 99.9% of people just said "Sure come in" since they had nothing to hide. I know if I lived in the area and a SWAT truck pulls up and says they're searching for this guy, my first response is "Come on in, want something to eat/drink?" .
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2013, 5:57 AM Reply   
I don't think anybody not living in Boston actually realize exactly what lockdown meant.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...rism-1.1368739
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
...then again this looks fairly forced (although I cannot hear the dialog)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
Wow. That was a lot of people in one "house". What if they had a pet? I thought I heard something about a dog at the begining. I would not be all that comfortable walking out, hands above head knowing my dog is in there with numerous armed men rushing around yelling.