Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-30-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
I'm considering buying a new board for this season. I want something fast with a lot of pop and responsiveness in around a 140 length. What boards should I look at? I could care less about the brand.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
Way too general. You're just going to hear about everyone's board of choice.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-30-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
What should I ask then?

I've heard good things about the Ronix Ibex and the new One, or the Lyman, but I don't have any way to test ride any of the boards.

Last edited by bmock50; 01-30-2012 at 4:31 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
Are there no shops near you doing demos?

Tell us your experience level and budget. What boards have you ridden? What did you like or dislike about them? Do you ride with or without center fins? Cable or boat? Rails? Winching? Flex or stiff? Will you be sharing your board with other people?
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-30-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
I really like the new one shape, much faster than the old shape and a little looser, great landings as well. I rode the harley behind the boat the other day and really was impressed with it, but for some reason I just couldn't do 1080's like him....
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-30-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
I live in southwestern KS and the closest shop is 2 1/2 hrs away. I wish I had the resources to demo boards. I'm pretty experienced and I'm looking for a board that is fast and will edge hard and give me a lot of pop. I ride with fins, behind a boat or jet ski always. I don't have any preference on flex or stiff because I went from an old school CWB double barrel to the Ronix One thats 3ish years old. My feet are huge so I doubt I'll be sharing it. If the new one is faster I might just upgrade to it, but theres an ibex in the classifieds and I've heard those are one of the fastest boards out there.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
theres an ibex in the classifieds and I've heard those are one of the fastest boards out there.
I've heard the opposite from my buddy who rides an Ibex and on the internet, but I can't say for sure because I've never ridden an Ibex myself.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-30-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
guess what brand i would suggest?!?!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
suggesting a brand is a little ridiculous, no?
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-30-2012, 10:20 PM Reply   
i was just being a wise ass
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
I see
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-31-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
I love my LF Witness, I think it has alot of speed and consistant pop with great hold from the molded fins.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-31-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
The Ibex is no where near as fast as the one, especially the new One shape, its suppose to have a good amount of pop, but like I said not as fast. The new shape this year, (the parks) is a little bit faster, but I still think the one is much faster. When I rode the One's new shape, one thing I noticed right away was how quickly it reacted, really fun board to ride!

Last edited by gotwake133; 01-31-2012 at 8:36 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-31-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
From what I've read in your posts, it sounds like youre more concerned with how fast the board move in the water, and that you are wanting to stick with a 3 stage rocker. If a fast board is what you want while still having a 3 stage rocker then look at O'Briens wakeboards. with there Delta base technology, they are some of if not the fastest 3 stage boards out there. You stated something that can edge hard so I would recommend the natural 139. It has 4 molded fins on each end and room for one removable if you wanna make it 5. Also has a big flat spot in the middle similar to the one so you can board slide water/break loose edges in water. Take a look on there website and check out there line up.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-31-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
So it sounds like It's between the new One and the natural. I'll have to look at both. Thanks for all the help!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-31-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
I don't think the one comes in size 40, so definitely go with the 142 or 146