Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Just bought a house in Cleveland Ohio. Where does everyone board? I'm a trustworthy 3rd, Can Drive, Always have Gas Money, Always Help Wipe Down. Any Help Appreciated.

Greg
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-02-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
There's a lake about an hour or two south of Cleveland called West Branch that some people ride at. There's also mosquito lake, but I'm not sure how great that is for boarding.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Greg is a great third and a legit rider. Congrats on the house! You can always ride with us in Cbus. I think Curt Bernstein (sp) rides up in that area somewhere?
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-02-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, there's no great spot to ride in Cleveland. For me its hit or miss on the big lake early mornings. When the winds are east, I'll go behind the breakwall downtown. I'll tow west to the Huron river or Sandusky river, sometimes east to West Branch, Milton, or Berlin... We've got my SAN 220, and my friends SAN 210 so we typically have one ready in the water, and one out ready to tow... We end up getting a fair share of riding.

Since being at OSU in Columbus I've gotten a ton of Spring riding that I otherwise wouldn't get... Next summer I'll be working here and I'll have my boat here too... This summer I'll be in CLE, but definitely in and out of CBUS from time to time...

Greg, hit me up if you wanna try and get out sometime with us... And where exactly are you living in Cleveland?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-05-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
greg, huron river is the best all the time, don't even try the sandusky river(too shallow, maybe good for skating), west branch is too crowded on weekends
did you get one of those repo auction houses in cleveland for $3200.00(not a missprint)
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       06-06-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Kind of a drive - but Toledo has an awesome river for riding. Almost guaranteed buttah - if the wind is less that 10 mph - anywhere you want. if it's higher - we have a narrow cut to ride in.
If you are ever this way - hit me up. I will give you a pull. Plus - the bars on the river are nice...
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-06-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Greg, I live on a 220 acre lake an hr west of Cleveland. Water is butter every single weekday and weekends before 2. We're so spoiled if there are 2 other boats out we complain. Don't tell to many people though, I like it that way.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-06-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
jb, been to kalihari lately?
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-09-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
no jo, I haven't. Just after we started going I broke my arm snowboarding. By the time I was healed up it was nice enough to start wakeboarding. Have you?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-12-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
jb, sorry to hear about your arm, I go almost every tuesday night(10pm-12mid for summer hours), i think it cost more in gas to get there than it cost to surf, still 10 bucks.
Nate & jb, i don't trailer the boat much anymore, but i think we should trade pulls, after next week, i am done with my classes and can ride just about any time, so if you drive over to huron, i give you a pull, and then i wouldn't mind driving out to your lake or river and getting a pull from you guys the next time out, that way i eliminate the need to trailer the boat around.

(Message edited by joeshmoe on June 12, 2008)
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-12-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
Jo, you are more than welcome to come down and ride sometime and I appreciate your offer but I tend to stick around my place for the most part. When you have a boat 100ft out your back door, near perfect conditions daily, and a large group of guys constantly, there isn't a lot of need to drive elsewhere.
Tuesday is the night I have the hardest time getting people (actually just a good driver, I only have 2 I trust), most other nights I end up turning people away because there just isn't time for all who want to go. So if you wanted to set something up for a Tues that would probably be best. PM me.