Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-16-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
I though i had the idea down, but I'm still not getting w2w arrrg so close, yet so far. heres the vid from yesterday

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10607

any advice would be great

thanks

Chris
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-16-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
if that link doesnt work try this one

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10613
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-18-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
Chris,
Looks good! You've definitely got the basic ideas right... couple suggestions:
1) Commit to a little bit more aggresive edge (you want to set a good edge early and hold it all the way through the wake)
2) Get a bit lower in order to get a better 'pop' off the lip ( it looked like you were standing tall and absorbing alotta the 'kick' you need to get good air) let the wake push you up, and your momentum from the cut carry you sideways

** NOTE ** There are few things sweeter in this world than sticking your first smooth w2w jump. Keep at it, and good luck.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-19-2004, 12:38 AM Reply   
i think you should shorten the rope up a little bit, youre getting pretty good distance its just the wake at that point is really wide.

That or increase the boat speed a little.

And also try and keep on your edge just a fraction longer, your letting off just a little bit when you are about to pop off.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-19-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
so when i hit the wake, how should i not absorb the wake?? like stiff legs or what? i wish i could have like a web cam, and be like was that right? also will it feel diffrent when i hit it right?
Old                05-19-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
Make sure to stand tall as you come up the wake and launch. Its kinda stiff legged yes. Because when you come up with your legs bent and nnot in a strong holding position your legs will absorb all of the pop. So yes stand tall and keep your legs strong
Old                05-27-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
1) Start with your knees bent and keep them bent all the way through your cut
2) Cut at the wave as hard as you can from as far as you can outside the wave.
3) Don't slow down at all befor hitting the wave and when you do jump up a little bit
4) To get more air bring the handle down and pull it to you