Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old    AWS            10-09-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Just got our first truckload of the new V23's!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
no ass end shots? I like the new step on the back. the new deck is sweet on the v23 as is the dash. did you get any in with the tomcat tower? also, does this tower have the spring loaded (or is it more like a gas shock) spinner board racks. those are very cool!

(Message edited by wakereviews on October 09, 2007)
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-09-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
nice looking boat. What does one of those run?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-09-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Always been an MB fan, in fact if there were no Sanger, it might be my choice... solid, well built boats . However, this one looks a bit high above the gunnel - IMO, but maybe it's the angle of the pic. or the graphics ?...
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-09-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Chris.

The 08 has a totally new top deck it is taller and allows for more room inside. I was in one last weekend and was very impressed with the wake of the 23. was also in the 21 and I was not as impressed. The 23 wake shape was nice and looked like with a little extra weight it could get real nice.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-09-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Ben, yeah I'm kinda stuck in that "low freeboard" world ... must be my age
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I agree with chris also. It looks like if they lowered the gunnel another 4 inches or so, it would be right in the middle of the side. This boat looks a little odd in that respect. If this boat was black above the rubrail, it would probably look 10 times better. It also looks like there is no place to rest your throttle arm. I would miss that if it really is gone. But that said, this is the first pic I have seen that I didn't like the look. All the others looked great.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-09-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
Chris, I agree it was hard to get used to. It was not as noticeable on the inside of the boat. It is kind of like the 220 or 236/230 from Nautique. Deep interiors seem to be the way boats are going. The one thing I can say is I am so over the Tribal graphics all over the boat. The new graphics is much better looking
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2007, 4:24 AM Reply   
Still think this is the best looking MB i've seen to date besides Mr. MB's personal all black tomcat. this is the 08 with the step up in the rear and new deck with the now optional tomcat tower for the v23.

Upload
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-10-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Here are a couple from my lot.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-10-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
More.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
the white and green one is sweet!
Old    AWS            10-10-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Tegan's MB
Upload
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-10-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Wow, VERY nice boats, ive always liked MB's especially like the 04's and perhaps 05's with the tribal gel and interior WOW! out of curiosity, does anyone know what the tag reads on MB's i am clueless and have always been curious. No MB dealers in my area from what i know!
Old    AWS            10-11-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-11-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
the 08's look awesome, I especially like the dash changes.Moving those ballast switches was a great idea, and the new deck looks awesome.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-12-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
They look great! I'd get one if I had 55K.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-13-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
OnlyInboards, my impression is that all the racks have the gas shocks which I agree is a cool feature but what I found with my 07 Tomcat is that by removing the gas shock the racks went from popping themselves out 90 degrees to being able to swivel a full 180 allowing you to load them without leaning over the edge and allowing you to get them completely out of the way when docking or for those if us up and down the IC when going through the locks.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-13-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
was your Tomcat orange and white? if so, i saw that one with the gas shocks removed.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2007, 1:08 AM Reply   
actually mine is black and white (got it from Alan at SSB) and I just removed them myself a couple weeks ago. What did you think of them removed? BTW Where are you located?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2007, 4:34 AM Reply   
I live in IA, but was out in Cali a few weeks ago. There was an another one with the shocks removed on one side. Honestly we thought it was an accident or that the shock malfunctioned and the previous owner just took them off or something. Did you sell yours?
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Mike,
Where do you ride? I picked up a B52 V23 from Alan a year ago & ride out at Anna. Is yours the 'Deavis Wakeboard School' demo boat?
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-16-2007, 3:15 AM Reply   
Sure is, they (SSB) have it back at the moment working out a couple kinks but as soon as I get it back it'll be time to start making it mine :-) I live out in Chesapeake and to be honest just got into riding late this summer. At the moment I'm off in Japan but when I'm home we've been riding mainly up and down the inter coastal and near the hot ditch (you gotta love upper 80's to lower 90's water temps). I'm keeping it just South of the locks if you're familiar with the area. A buddy of mine just got a place out at Gaston so I'm sure we'll be out there next summer. We'll need to try and get a bunch of MB's together some time.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-16-2007, 4:04 AM Reply   
OI, I've still got the shocks but I doubt they'll ever go back on. As for the reason the others where off I've no idea unless someone else got the same idea I did and decided to try it out. Once I get back home I'll try and post some pics of them removed...
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2007, 5:00 AM Reply   
Mike,
I've never been down there, but if I'm thinking of the right place, I've got a friend who lives out that way (off Virginia Beach Blvd). You should check out either http://www.dcwake.com or http://www.endofropegang.com , two East Coast wakeboarding sites.

I took a vacation @ Gaston this year w/ the family. Really nice lake, PLUS we took some lessons from Adam Fields while there. If you are new to wakeboarding, I highly recommend lessons, and if you can swing it w/ him, even better. He's a really nice guy that can teach at all levels to all ages. I learned a bunch, as did my 7 & 10 year old girls.

Talk to Alan about him. He knows him well.

Oh, and Alan has been talking about an MB reunion for a while now. Maybe he'll chime in later...I know he's lurking! :-)