Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bryan18)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-15-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
Has anyone used vinyl paint to change the color or just renew the look of their interior? If so how is it holding up to foot traffic sun and water abuse. Thinking about getting some and trying it out. Found some pretty good stuff at a high end auto and boat paint supply store.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-16-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
Never tried vinyl paint, but maybe a vinyl die may work. I feel the paint may chip or crack over time.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-16-2010, 6:01 AM Reply   
I have never heard of it .
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-18-2010, 12:19 AM Reply   
No experience but, I am going to guess that it would not hold up well in a marine environment.
Old     (tims72)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-18-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
never seen it on boat seat but a friend of mine painted his seat on his quad. has lasted pretty well on the top part of the seat. it does show wear on the sides were the legs rub constantly.
Old     (kip)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-18-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
One of our rear seats where was showing some major wear from people stepping on it when they get in the boat. I had a guy re stitch it and then he used some of the vinyl paint/ repair stuff. It held up all of last season and hopefully will last this season too. If you need it because your interior is tore up I would give it a try but if you are just doing it for cosmetic reasons I would probably stay away. Even though it has held up and looks decent if you look closely you can tell it is a repair and not factory vinyl.