Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Treyman42)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-23-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
Sorry I don't have a video for reference but this past weekend I got a few surf sets in attempting a 360 for the 15 millionth time and just like before I can get all the way around the spin but I end up either on top of the wave or on the wrong side of the boat. I ride goofy. Does anyone have any thoughts to what could cause this? My process for attempting the trick is to scoot back in the wave, run up to the front, shove my hand in the water and use that hand to throw the trick as I look over my shoulder back at the boat.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-23-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have tried a couple million with only one success. I usually end up to far back or catching and edge. Seems so simple but I just can't get it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-23-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
Try coming up to where you want to start your spin slowly. Then when your comfortable initiate your spin[you can use your hand,but you don't have to]turn your head in the direction your spinning. When your just about to 180 degrees you want to weight your right foot and lighten up your left foot. This will help you get your fins out the water to complete the spin. As you come around to 360 you want to have your weight on your right foot to get the drive you need to finish. So it's Left foot heavy to start,then right at 180,then left to drive back down the wave and right to finish. This all happens in a second or two so it takes practice. Good luck.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-24-2014, 1:45 PM Reply   
I managed my first spin, a FS360 a few weeks ago. I did it line riding. I have managed a few 180s as well line riding. I want to get them down before attempting them freeriding as all of those have ended in failure so far.
For the start, I put the rope around to my back hand around my back and held onto the rope with my front hand. I then bent my knees, got low and not so much as spun, but carved up and through the wake. I kept that momentum going until I was facing the boat again. I was so excited that I pulled it off I bit it when I started fist pumping, lol. Try doing it with the rope first to get the hang of it. It can help you keep your confidence and balance until you get it down free riding.

I pulled the 180s without wrapping the rope, but got low and chopped the wake with my hand to help get the spin going. I didn't ride it switch very long and pretty much spun back to normal very quickly.

You definitely have to have your feet and your weight balanced pretty evenly to be able to spin and hold it.