Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dvigzz)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-08-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have 2010 Ronix one bindings with some gnarly heal lift. Anyone else have this?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-08-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
If you are sanding on the floor yes. On the water, no. The ground is flat, when you cut on your toes the water bends to fit your board.

Heel lift. That is an interesting discussion. How do wakeskaters keep from getting heel lift? Or surfers for that matter--those guys really slash.

I have had some sloppy plates on bindings espcially on some of the old 8" wiley bindings, but I can't ever remember being on the water and thinking, "Man, I just can't set an edge because heels are lifting."

A lot of bindings have been sold under the promise of minimized heel lift--does it really matter that much?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-08-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Heel and toe lift come in to play in my opinion when you are on the opposite edge. i.e. cutting in on your toes and you feel the heels of the boot come up off the board. Terribly distracting in my opinion... My $0.02
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
My 2010 Cells do it.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
my 09 ronix cells have absolutely no heel or toe lift and i love it. I tried using the spacer that they came with to make my boots all the way out on my lf watson, and that caused extreme heel/toe lift. Maybe that's the problem? I moved them back in after 1 set, i would rather my boots make good contact with the board than have a 1" wider stance.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-08-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Wait, maybe I should have clarified. Are talking about binding lifting off the board or heel slipping in the bindings? If you feet are loose in the bindings, you may not be in the right size or fit for you foot. Your feet should be snug.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
i thought i was gonna have heal lift when i firest put my ronix ones on my board (hyperlite marek) but then i really made sure that they were cranked down as tight as i could and now there is no lift. And yes when i first put them on i thought i had tightened them as much as i could.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-09-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
lol....
Old     (bc123)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-09-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Did you put the j-bars inside your boots? Are you sure you have the right size? Ive ridden the cells and had some lift on toe edge, but the inserts eliminated that. And the cells are the same as the one, just a bit stiffer.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
I have the 2010 with no problem. There on the 2010 one board if that makes a difference.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-09-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
for actual boot heel lift. the new company boots are amazing in that department with their unique attachment system! I can't say i have played with all brands and years of boots (have not tested 2010 ronix boots for example), but using my hand (like the expo video showed, pulling up on the back of the boot)... nada. the boot is very snug.

sometimes i wonder about the idea of using some kind of suction cup design on the bottom of the plates for protection and extra attachment... but maybe that would be gimicky