Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
Went today and rode.... had a blast.
The system 2.0 is awesome... nice pull, air tricks are easy (for left and right foot forward), just a super fun way to mix up boat riding.

All they had today was a box, a jump and more is on the way.... I urge anyone around Wisco to check it out, it was very very fun.

here is what it looks like

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-13-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
Sweet as!!
The S2 systems are so sic!!!!!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2009, 10:01 PM Reply   
any info on it to give to people?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
What would you like on it???
I just rode it, so I don't know much more than what is on the website
http://www.nordicmountain.com/wakepark.html

but it was super fun, so nice to ride cable, fall, and have the rope come back to you... so nice to not have to kick off the boots and hike everytime you go down... and 1 hour is plenty long to make you huff and puff... or I am in awful shape
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2009, 3:04 AM Reply   
that's what i meant, website etc.

didn't realize it will pick you up!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
^ yeah, the guys riding at the same time as me were all cool, so none of us cared if after someone fell, the operator brought the cable back to the guy..... not sure if all run that way, but since everyone that was there was cool we just rode til we were tired, then ended.

and to get picked up again, it was just a matter of swimming to right under the cable, then the guy running it could bring it right to you and start you back up again.... it was really nice
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2009, 3:32 AM Reply   
how long of a run is it there and glad to see WI finally got some cable action can't wait to get back home in 2010 and try it out
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
The run is like 400/500 ft....
Not super long, but its nice because you don't have to waste energy on corners or stretches with nothing.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Air tricks must be easy. That line looks almost like an Indian Line.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
^ the line we were using was between a long rail line, and an indian line.... it worked good for everything.... but they did have a longer and a shorter one
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-15-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Is that the only Jib?? I was thinking about bouncing out there this weekend, but I have more jibs than that at my house. Would love to check out the system 2.0 tho-
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
Right now thats all they have... I know I heard about a kicker and some more things in the works.

If you wait til the weekend of the 27th Will Christien and I should be there for a few hours

*and if you come through and want a pull on a boat, and break up the drive, I am between the cities and where this cable is, PM me and I can shoot you an address or something*

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on June 15, 2009)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-15-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Great Nick, thanks for the offer I will totally take you up on that. Dont know if I am all tied up this weekend with fathers day or not, but If not I may roll out there. Hard to get motivated to drive taht far for one jib, when we have 4 in the backyard.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
I know what you mean... its only like 40 min for me, so its not soo bad.

I friend of mine works out there, I can ask him how long til there is more stuff going in and post up.

I would be heading there this weekend but my Fiance' has Miss Wisconsin going on, she I have to be there or I'll be killed.... and then fathers day.... but the pro tour is coming to milwaukee... could make the drive and hit up the tour.

...but any, and every weekend after this one I should be heading out there on if you want to carpool or something for the last little bit, or need boat pulls.

*Does the-house sell 3'/5' line sections?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-15-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
I think so. Do want a new line or just a few 3'-5' foot sectoins?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Our line has seen better days, but it should hold for the rest of the year... I just want to make it a little longer... but I guess if the price was right I would maybe just get a new one.
I'm just fairly broke these days.... not working really hurts the bank account
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-16-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Update:

Today just about finished the kicker... should be done tomorrow afternoon... I'll got some pics/vids of it unless the weather takes a turn for the worse

The kicker is:
~ 12ft. long
~ 8 ft. wide
~ 3.5ft. high.... it has a good amount of transition to it... similar to "Big White" but a little smaller.
Old    lessons?            06-17-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
Does anyone know of other cable project like this in the works for Michigan? I know Ohio has a cable park we just got back last week it was sick.