Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (doug5984)      Join Date: May 2002       05-09-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
The 2008 Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9"

I'm looking to get a board to dink around with, we all wakeboard more than anything but it'd be fun to have one on the boat. I have an older sport nautique, DD- we have 3 fat sacks (might get another for the ski locker)- it'll be used by a lot of people, and no one really doing any tricks just a fun board to learn on. I'm about 5'11, 140 lbs. I don't want a huge board where you can't do much on, but I don't want a small board because I won't have a huge wake, and won't be doing many tricks or anything. Will this board work for me?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-09-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Friends of mine that are your weight and lighter used to have a CC 2001. They were trying to surf on the larger Broadcast 5.6 but couldn't pull it off. I gave them a pull behind my boat and then lent them my IS Red. They were able to surf on the Red with no problem. After figuring out the Red they were able to get the 5.6 to work. Then they bought an Avalanche.

If you have a small wake I think the 4.9 will be too small for you.