Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                01-02-2002, 3:26 PM Reply   
I FLIP AROUND ON THE TRAMP ALL THE TIME PULLING RAILEYS AND FLIPS BUT HOW MUCH WILL IT HELP ME ON THE WATER. HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE LEARNING NEW TRICKS? CANADA ON THE WATER IS NOT AN OPTION.....
Old    wakeboard_joe            07-26-2002, 9:17 PM Reply   
do you use a rope w/ your trampoline? me and my friends did tricks w/ a rope tied to a tree for years, then i saw a video where they ecommended doing it for practice, but it hasn't helped me much...but thats me. give it a try anyway
Old    jocko            07-29-2002, 1:35 PM Reply   
We have a trampoline training segment on WAKEtv Issue #12 that can help you out. Kyle Schmidt from The Wakeboard Camp recommends the following:

- Start by learning everything on the trampoline without the handle first, and then add the handle later.
- Learn how to use your arms and legs together to jump and stabilize yourself in the air. Keith Lyman does a great job demonstrating this on the video. Explode up the middle then stretch them out to the side to stabilize.
- "The goal is to get really far ahead of yourself on the tramp. If you want to learn a 360 on the water, learn a 720 on the trampoline." says Kyle.

The WAKEtv Trampoline Training segment explains raleys, on-axis spins, off-axis spins, the handle pass position, and all four basic inverts back roll, front flip, tantrum, ts back with and without the handle. It breaks it down so you can understand it.

Peace and safe jumping.
Jocko
www.WAKEtv.com
Old                08-08-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
Learning on the tramp with just a rope has its limits. I learned how to pas the rope through my hands. My cordination improved alot. But my rotation was nothing like it was on the tramp. You dont have a heave object attatched to ur feet. So i "improvised". I took an old blank deck from a skaeboard. Took old shoes and superglued the together. It made a tramp board. It adds the most important part. I improved my balence and rotation so much since the day i made the tramp board. Just a suggestion :P
Old                08-09-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
What i did was get a blank skateboard deck then put windsurfing straps on it. This way you have a board on and its more realistic. You can also practice grabs, etc.
Old                08-10-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
www.acrosports.org. Take Serge's class. He's awesome. Good luck.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Karate chop!

Old                08-11-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
it helps a lot ..i learned 2 inverts in 1 day a couple of weeks ago..i jump on it all the time im talkin like 3 hrs a day..i love it u can do huge tricks on them too like a whirly 7 lol it was huge
Old                02-29-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
trust me, if you work on all your stuff on the trampoline, you will progress so much faster. It really is just there to get the feel of being in a certain posistion in the air, or also called air awarness. If you can do 7's on the tramp, yoyu can learn a 3 in like one day. A month later you will be doing 5's
Old                03-07-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
yea, my friends and i work out on the tramp probably 3 times a week. it really is nice to be able to know where you are in the air..i had been trying to do backrolls the whole summer and i never landed one. well it was only because i didnt know where i was suppose to look. try to work with someone that knows what they are doing to, so they can watch you and tell you what you are doing wrong. youll be pro in notime! heh
Old                05-06-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
WOW I posted this along time ago and its still here.

The tramp was really helping till I f`d up my knee. But hopefully things will go better this season.

Long live the bus
Old                05-13-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
I don't get it...when I try and do inverts w/ spins on the tramp I just go crazy...well, I can do a tantrum and front rolls