Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kgarr1986)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2011, 4:26 PM Reply   
I just bought a 99 crownline br202 with a 5.0 L engine. It currently has a 3 plade prop that I think is a 19 pitch. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what type of prop works good with this boat for towing and getting out of the hole well? Not to concerned about top speed.

Thanks
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-25-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
I used to own a Crownline BR 182 with the 4.3 V6. Granted they are different boats with different engines. It had an aluminum 19P on it when I got it, which wasn't very good about pulling riders out of the water and I would lose power when turning around pulling a rider. I switched it out with a 17P Stainless prop. It was a night and day difference. I did lose some top end speed, but it was worth it in my opinion.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-25-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
look into the mercury high 5 (or high five) can't remember. it's a five blade stainless. pretty spendy, but worth it. killer hole shot, and a strong steady pull.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-25-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
here you go:
http://www.mercurymarine.com/propell...ite/high-five/
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-25-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ask the guys over at crownieHQ.com.. i am sure someone has some experiance with your exact setup.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
The High Five is what you want.I had one on my I/O,just as Bruce says great hole shot.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2011, 9:28 AM Reply   
Oh and you don't loose much top speed,I would still get 60mph in my little 19'9" Nova Spyder
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       03-25-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Anyone with an I/O should have this prop. I had it on my Cobalt 200 and it was fantastic. Great hole shot with no comprimise on top end, Expensive but well worth it and you get better fuel economy to boot! Wish they made one for an inboard!!!

http://www.aerostarmarine.com/