Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (151)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-10-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
It seems like every time I ride I am straining my neck pretty good. Its always both sides of the back of my neck the two muscles or whatever that run from the back of your head down your neck.

The only thing I can think of is that when I catch an edge and slap the water good with the back of my head I am doing something. I usually have at least one of those when I ride and ride about three times a week.

If anyone has done this before what helps?

Thanks
Old    murrayair            08-10-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
It's almost certainly your hard falls that are causing the problems. The back-of-the-head plants are brutal on neck muscles. If you have three of those per week, your neck is definitely going to be sore a lot.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Mine kill me after every time out. If you don't want them to hurt, just cruise around. If you want to progress, you're going to hurt, just part of the sport/love/addiction.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-10-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
when I barefoot I nearly always wear a neckbrace. they help stop the whiplash. from backwards wake falls at 40. they really do help alot.
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
try doing neck rolls to help loosen up before you ride.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-11-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
whiplash it is...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Thats just part of wakeboarding, you could wear a helmet and that helps a little on the back of the head plants.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-11-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
The helmet doesn't help much for the sore neck muscles. I wear a helmet and my neck usually is pretty sore after crashing on 360 attempts all day.
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-11-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
I get it everytime too, but I have been incorporating some neck excersizes when working out to strengthen them. Hopefully it will help!