Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-03-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
Finally completed the tower, speakers, lights, racks, bimini installation (except for wiring) and thought I would post pics. We took it out over the weekend and I was able to get some good pics. Let me know what you think!

New Titan Series II Tower, Bullet Speakers: 2 mid bass and 2 mid/tweet, Spinner boardracks, 6 DST (Daylight Savings Time) lights, and bimini.

boat
boat1
boat2
boat3
boat4
boat5
boat6
boat7
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
very very awesome. looks great, now all u need is something to sink that swim step.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
Me like!!!
Old    aesop            02-03-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Sick looking boat, but do you think that you can get a few more different camera angles.

Enjoy!!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Awesome choices!
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
I just spent about 20 minutes studying those pics and I think it looks great!!!!

I'm trying to decide on a tower and bimini and your setup is very close to what I want.

You done good with your choices and I'm pissed that you were able to get out on the water this weekend. When it was 65 degrees here on Sat, I had urges of de-winterizing the boat but didn't. Today it is snowing.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
That's gotta be one of the tightest Bu's I've every seen....real nice, man!
Old    danno            02-03-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
You've gotta be happy with that! :-)
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-03-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
That is beautiful, I LOVE the matching Titan Tower.

One question:

Can you open the window without it hitting the tower? It looks like it would clear to me...
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-03-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
Looks Killer! Congrats...
Old    prestonduke            02-03-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
that's a dankass ride. enjoy it and hit the water every chance you get.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-03-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
Tony,

That is a sweet setup. I doubt you remember me, I'm good friends with the Voss' and came down to help out in an INT and actually drove your '02 in the first tournament last year. Hope this boat drives as good as that one. That was the first Malibu V-Drive I had ever driven as we don't have a Malibu wakeboard promo boat here in KS, and it drove way better than expected. Hope this one is every bit as good.

BTW, is that cover snapped in the first pic, it looks loose on the windshield.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-04-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your comments, I am VERY happy with this ride! I'm sure we will get lots of good use out of her this summer!

I was skeptical about the Titan tower but now that I have it I really like it. With everything on it they look killer!

Don't worry this summer the swimplatform will be wet!

I can open the windshield about 2/3 of the way, the black rubber bumper on the bottom of the windshield hits the tower.

Nick, I don't remember your name but I think I remember you. This one drives even better since I ordered it with the Hammerhead motor. And yeah the cover is snapped. We had a guy custom make that cover last week and that's how it turned out, I'm not too happy with the look around the windshield, it does not fit tight, we have a call into him to see if their is anything he can do. Are you going to be at any of the INT's this year? We will be at them all.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-04-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
the boat looks good, did Titan make the Bimini for you? When I ordered mine last year I couldn't get the purple stripe because they couldn't match the color.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-04-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm digging the yellow color scheme! Very nice setup!

LSVLance & Nickerson!
I was at Table Rock Lake this weekend. 73 Degrees there on Sunday! I dewinterized the boat! Hooked it up to the Jeeper, pulled it down to the ramp and couldn't get it in the water because the water was 8 feet below the concrete on the ramp! Talk about bummin. I had to settle for playing golf in shorts instead!

Lake pics coming as soon as I grab them off the digital camera! Nick you gotta get down there soon and lets hit up the course! I'm getting my PPass installed next month!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-04-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
yeah, they did, but they couldn't get the origional yellow color that we had chose. After we placed the order they came back and said, first they couldn't get the color wide enough to do yellow on the outside with a white stripe. Then they came back a second time and said they couldn't do the yellow we picked and would we be ok with the darker yellow. It ends up looking ok, but the other yellow was a lot closer match. And what really tics me off about the whole thing is Chad Sharps boat is shown with a full yellow bimini... wait a minute I thought you couldn't get it that wide? Hey Titan what's with that??? Everything else is great!
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-04-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
When I tried to order the bimini they said that they didn't think that they could match the color so they wouldn't make it, I really wish that I had the color in it. Titan is a great company to deal with, I would really like to get my hands on a sub box like Obie has show on this site to go into the drivers foot well and then move my heater because everything looks stock
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-04-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
That bimini looks like the only difference between yours and Chad Sharpe's. I like yours with the stripes, looks even more custom. Very nice looking boat !!!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-04-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
yeah, the only difference between the two is the bimini and I have color above the rubrail.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       02-04-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Great pics. You know what I like best about that tower - it doesn't seem to take away from the boat. You know what I'm saying? I can still see
the boat the way Malibu intended it to look.
Most of the other towers with supports following the windsheild line so closely actually change
the look of the boat significantly. The Titan
tower leaves the "lines" alone. Never really
noticed that before. Thanks for the great shots.
Old    markb            02-04-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Talk about fully loaded! You probably don't even have a wakeboarding wish list. That baby looks sweet. The T II's look really nice. I think the squared rear hoop looks much better than the older rounded ones. (not that I can pick and choose). I kind of liked the pole though, but I'd have to ride behind it to see what's best....hint, hint.
:-)

(Message edited by markb on February 04, 2003)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-04-2003, 2:06 PM Reply   
Tony,

I think I'll try to get back to the Table Rock INT as that was a blast. I think I'm moving to Colorado, so just jumping over there won't be an option like it was last year, but I'm also looking for jobs in Missouri, so I could be at all of them, who knows. I don't think the cover looks that bad, just didn't know how it would do in the wind. We just got our '03 Centurion promo a month ago and it has a navy blue tonneau just like that and it's so tight you can barely snap it, looks pimp when it's all snapped up though.

Brad,

That sucks man. Don't feel too sorry for you though as we were in West Lafayette, IN and they had like 6 inches of snow. Left Manhattan Friday in cool weather, went up there in cool weather, and then got back and it was cold again. The only time I felt the nice weather was when we stopped in St. Louis!

I would have tried to get out this weekend. I haven't been out since the 2nd week in January, right before we came back to school. I also am trying to get to the mountains, too much to do too little time.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Awesome Tony, lookin sweet! Where did you guys end up going this weekend? Looks like the Mississippi to me, man I am jealous, but went snowboarding in 6 inches of powder instead, so I am satisfied.

You ready for the show? For all you guys out there in the Midwest region, Tony is to humble to tell ya, but his boat is going to be featured at the St. Louis Boat show, make sure you head over to Dan's and check it out.

Don't forget to check out the Nautiques as well, I hear its going to be a sweet setup! It needs to be to compete with Tony's!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Thanks!

Mississippi? Look at the color of the water in those pics! We ended up going to Norfork Lake, it was awesome, 72 deg and sunny! Although 6" of powder dosen't sound that bad either! Sounds like it was a good trip?!

Ready for the show, been cleaning the boat all week! and that's it too humble... I just don't want anyone to show up and try and buy it and Dan sell it out from under me!!! At least not until the end of the summer! It should be a good show, I'm looking forward to checking out the Nautiques myself!
Old    stencil_king            02-05-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
Where did you get your bimini? Could I ask what you paid?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
aaron, the bimini came from Titan, and the price was figured into the total price of the boat/tower so I couldn't tell you an exact price that I paid. I do know that Titan has advertised prices of MSRP $599 and I think they sell for ~$539, add $40 for stripe.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-05-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
Tony,

Does Malibu not break down the prices, Centurion gives us the exact price for each option.

Isn't Norfolk quite a haul?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
Norfork is about a 4 hour drive from my house. And the lake is worth every minute of the drive!

They do break down pricing but I haven't looked at it since I ordered the boat months ago...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-05-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
It's crazy the crap you get ripped for even at promo pricing. We have an $800 ballast tank that holds like 150lbs.

Can you ski on the Gasconade River over there? I want to hit Lake of the Ozarks sometime this spring, I really miss when you could get butter on that lake.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-05-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
Nick have you tried surfing behind your new Centurion? Just curious how the wake is?

Is the slalom wake better than last year or about the same?
Call me next time you come into KC.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-05-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
The slalom wake is 10x better, or at least it seemed that way when I skied behind it. Haven't hit the course yet with it. It could have just been I hadn't skied in a while. I haven't weighted it down yet. It only has 4 hours on it. Have you seen Centurion's new side exhaust for wakesurfing? It's pretty cool, we don't have it but they are offering it on the Avalanche. I want to put a Boss Billet on the boat, those look good.

Talked to Dave at the boat show and he was talking about the MC promo, might have to look into that next year. Love the 197 with a minitower and the "ski racks"

I want to have tower and speakers, but than the boat isn't AWSA approved, so the mini with speakers is perfect.

I'll give you a call when I come up. Have you been out to Extreme's new place in Oak Grove?