Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
Ok. I worked for 3 hours and never could get the speaker wire fished through the top arm of the tower. I used my shop vac and sucked fishing line through and tied my speaker wire to that but still couldn't get it through the existing hole at the end of the top arm on the tower.
Can someone please give me some advice and post some pics of your ZeroFlex tower with speakers if possible. I'm going to have to drill one hole in the tower and one hole in the hull where the tower is mounted to the hull.This is very irritating. Thanks
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-24-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
what happens sometimes is the speaker wire gets hung up on the sharp edge of the hole. Try and file down the sharp edge. Have patience. If you can't do it no matter what, just drill the hole in the boat and use a thru hull fitting and it will look just fine.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-25-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
Wilson,
We use the "guts" out of a shift cable to thread through the tower...it makes a very flexible snake that has greater pulling power than fishing line. Also, we use a deburring tool around the inside of each hole along with a dental pick to pull the cable out when it gets to the hole. Have patience...there is no easy or quick way to get it done.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-25-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
wilson, i know what you mean. i spent 5 hours and was so pissed off at the end, i gave up and paid somebody 70 bucks to do it. he said he didnt have a problem doing it at all. good luck. hope you figure it out.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-25-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
Are the ends of your wires dangling? When I pulled my wires through, I made sure that the ends of the wire were taped to the end of the string. When you pull through and out the other hole, the ends do not get hung. Have you tried going the other way? Can't upload image, so just make sure there are no dangling ends....and don't make the tape so thick that it has a hard time going through the holes.

Good luck!!
Old    derrick9191            06-25-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
I just did mine today took about 1 hour at most. I ducked taped metal coat hangers together and sent it through first then at end of hangers taped wire on it and pulled it right through. Hope that works for you. LEt me know