Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surf_elf)      Join Date: May 2008       06-27-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
I have been hearing that you can start off the platform but cant seem to find video any where on the web , or is what I herd just talk .
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-27-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
Hey Joss, its not talk, it can be done and its pretty easy once you do it a couple times. I'll check my computer at the house for pics or vid when I can later today.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Yea, not bad at all, just get the boat up to speed, have the rope taunt, and be standing on the front half of the board with the rear of the board draging the water, start to put more weight on the rear of the board with your rear foot and gently let out on the rope as ya go. Only thing here, is if you lose it and fall forward your headed for the platform face 1st. Better to fall back than forward.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
check your state laws in Washington State its a no no!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-28-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
Half of the "law enforcement" in Washington thinks wake surfing is not legal to begin with.
Joss you should be fine! Mikes right on. Try it a couple times you will get it.
Old     (lsg)      Join Date: May 2008       06-28-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
surf start is when the boat drives by the surfer and he or she paddles in and pop's-up just like in the ocean.
Old     (surf_elf)      Join Date: May 2008       06-28-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks, if any one has video please post it .
Old    boardco13            06-28-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ok, so I know that this is definitely not a regular start off of the back deck; but I could not resist. To my knowledge this is the first successful acid drop off of the back that was ridden away. Drew Danielo at Lake Powell - September 2007 BoardCo.com and M&M Watersports photo shoot.

Oh, and don't try this one at home.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    mobster            06-28-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
The delta crew has been pulling those for years
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I always thought it would be cool to get up to speed. Grab the board, jog across the motor cover and do a 180 acid drop into the wake, that would be BALLER!!!