Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-15-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
just wondering if you guys had any tips for a TS wtw. I have only gotten it once and the boat was probably going 25mph and I just shot across the wake with little air but at around 22-23 mph when I try to get more vertical air its hard. Also any tips on my HS to get more air, sometimes I get pretty good air sometimes i just dont feel that pop. any help would be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBy80...ature=youtu.be
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-15-2013, 11:26 AM Reply   
On TS, Make sure the boat initiates your cut for you instead of forcing the board to turn and cut in. Having the right amount of line tension all the way through the cut is key, and you will want to edge in more and more as you get closer to the wake. Start your cut in slow and let the boat send you across. Handle position is also a huge factor, keep it close to your hip/pocket and keep it in the same position so you don't give up any line tension. Also, stand tall at the top of the wake so your pop isn't absorbed. Once your focusing on all of that it's just a matter of being comfortable hitting the wake on your toes, practice it over and over again.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-15-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
I'm not very good, but....

The two keys on either toe or heel side are line tension (which you keep up by holding your edge) and not absorbing the wake with your knees.

On your vid, from both sides, you flatten out the board a bit as you go up the wake. This lets the line tension go and you get no pop. You have to hold the edge all the way through the top of the wake.

When I went to the boarding school they had me practice a script to make all my wake jumps the same. First cut out as far as possible. Then while the rope is a little slack, set up the handle and body position. As the boat starts to pull in to the wake, begin to edge. The closer you get, the more you edge. Don't let off till you are in the air.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-05-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm not very good, but....

The two keys on either toe or heel side are line tension (which you keep up by holding your edge) and not absorbing the wake with your knees.

On your vid, from both sides, you flatten out the board a bit as you go up the wake. This lets the line tension go and you get no pop. You have to hold the edge all the way through the top of the wake.

When I went to the boarding school they had me practice a script to make all my wake jumps the same. First cut out as far as possible. Then while the rope is a little slack, set up the handle and body position. As the boat starts to pull in to the wake, begin to edge. The closer you get, the more you edge. Don't let off till you are in the air.
Which wake school did you go to SD?