Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-16-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
I have been out of snowboarding for probably 8-9 years. I have been looking at getting back into it. And the other day I won a arbor draft board. So now I really want to snowboard

I dont have alot to spend only about $150.

I'm lost on all the new tech and whats good in snowboarding since I was last into it. So if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Ethan

(Message edited by ethan31 on December 16, 2009)
Old     (craigjones)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-16-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
If you're looking for some cheap bindings I'd check out sites like www.sierrasnowboard.com. They usually have alot of gear leftover from previous seasons for some decent prices. That would be your best bet for getting some good bindings in a affordable price range.

There are new EST bindings that Burton's pushing with their new ICS (infinite channel system) boards, which is supposed to make it easier to adjust the position and such. Your Arbor Draft doesn't have the ICS technology so you won't be looking at any of the Burton EST bindings.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-16-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for the link.

I saw that ICS thing, isnt that similar to what what fourm was doing years back?

After looking I have another question:

I still have my old pair of thirtytwo boots they are bulky. Do the new bindings have a issue with the old big boots. Since it seems most boots now are "slim" or whatever. It would be nice to not have to buy new boots. (atleast for now)

Thanks-
Old     (craigjones)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-16-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about boots being an issue. I have an older pair of Burton boots that are a little on the bulky side also but they fit just fine with a pair of bindings I bought this year.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-17-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
What size you looking for?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-17-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
I personally think Burton bindings are some of the best around. Look for a deal on some '09 Cartels. They're pretty sweet.

You might try www.dogfunk.com
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-17-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
I personally think Ride's are the best around. SPi's have treated me well for 3 season's now. I like that their highbacks aren't quite as high as the Burton's I have rode. It's a bit more comfortable for me. Do you have boots yet? If not, spend extra cash there and then buy your bindings. Just got some new Salomon Synapse boots and they rock. Super light weight and really comfy. They aren't very bulky either.
Old     (craigjones)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-17-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Burton Cartels are awesome, but they'll run in the $200 range. I think the cheapest Burtons are the freestyles? Burton Missions aren't bad either.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       12-17-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
craig i have some 09 cartels that i only used 3 times. They were warranty replacements.

I will let them go for a a fair price
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-17-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
Craig.... that's why I said to find some 09's. I just picked up a set for $159.

I had Ride's for a while, too. They worked fine also. I just like the padded Burton straps.
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-17-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
www.Sierrasnowbard.com has a massive sale going down for the next couple days. Closing out previous years stock.
Old     (craigjones)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-17-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
Haha I'm not the one looking for bindings, but thanks for the offer, Soli. Sorry for the misunderstanding Evan, when you said '09 I had a brain fart and thought you meant this years stock.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-18-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
ethan if you are still looking hit me back w/ a PM
Old                12-18-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
+1 on the Cartels (I like the Burton cap straps). I have had a few pair of Ride binders too, but I have not tried their new Cap strap style design.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-19-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
Forrest- I sent you a pm.
Soli- I sent you a email.

Does anyone know how the 2008 Ride Delta Movements are? Or the 09 ride RX? EX?

I havent found any cartels in my size in my price range. I need a XL...If anyone runs across a pair let me know.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-21-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
Ride Deltas are pretty sweet. I used to have a pair.... only sold them to step up to the Betas.